Supporting Vendors Promotions, specials, and group purchases by authorized Supporting Vendors ONLY

Turbo Tech Racing Releases Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 PM

Hey Rod Run, just curious what you plan on doing with your HHR? We installed a Eibach Front Bar and really think it maybe to much bar! Somewhere in our future we hope to replace our tires (225 x 45 x 18 Generals) as after installing the Eibach Front Bar we have noticed a pretty severe push while pushing the Panel to it's cornering limits .....

Peace .....
Old 03-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mrs. DLVRNIT
Hey Rod Run, just curious what you plan on doing with your HHR? We installed a Eibach Front Bar and really think it maybe to much bar! Somewhere in our future we hope to replace our tires (225 x 45 x 18 Generals) as after installing the Eibach Front Bar we have noticed a pretty severe push while pushing the Panel to it's cornering limits .....

Peace .....
Yes most just get the TTR Rear bar, and some of those (very small amount) get the Eibach front to add to it.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. DLVRNIT
Hey Rod Run, just curious what you plan on doing with your HHR?
Well, its' only an LS for starters, so my little clunker needs a lot of help in the suspension department.

I bought Pedders springs, going to get the FE5 shocks and struts, I will upgrade any bushing that there is a possible upgrade for, upgrade/replace sways, and also have 17"x7.5" rims that I will be putting 235 BFG KDW2's onto

This should at least make the thing at least somewhat fun in the corners, for a little beat around daily driver
Old 03-16-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rod Run
Well, its' only an LS for starters, so my little clunker needs a lot of help in the suspension department.

I bought Pedders springs, going to get the FE5 shocks and struts, I will upgrade any bushing that there is a possible upgrade for, upgrade/replace sways, and also have 17"x7.5" rims that I will be putting 235 BFG KDW2's onto

This should at least make the thing at least somewhat fun in the corners, for a little beat around daily driver
KDW2's should be sweet! Just thought you might leave the front bar to last to see if a front bar upgrade is really needed .....

Best-O-Luck ,
Old 03-16-2011, 07:21 PM

Thanks, that's kind of what I planned to do anyway, but I'm pretty sure that even the smallest aftermarket bar is going to give an advantage over the toothpick I have under there now.

I just want the absolute best (most balanced) set-up possible under there. I hate to buy parts, and then after the fact realize that I left some performance on the table

Forums are a great place for opinions and knowledge, but at the same time they can be very misleading also. A lot of people call a certain part they might have bought "the best", when in reality they have never compared it to the other alternatives, so how can they be sure?

This is why I usually like to get input from the manufacturers, hoping the have honest test results (as Pedders usually has), instead of just limited opinions from their consumers

Thanks for all your input. I do value other's help, and hope I don't come off as arrogant or anything. just looking for solid info before I buy
Old 03-16-2011, 07:32 PM

Being a 52 year old car guy I can sympathize with the experience of buying something more than once! We have a pretty extensive suspension mod list and have tried to use all avenues of experience as to make informed decessions on our mod purchases! Another thing to consider with the matched Eibach set up is Eibachs rear bar has been having issues with it braking at it's mounting point .....

Best-O-Luck ,
Old 03-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Platinum Member

Have to agree with DLVRNIT, thread here somewhere about Eibach rear bar breaking at the mounting point...

I have the TTR rear bar, & I'm very pleased with it's improvement. But I've also not tried others to compare with.. Just that & SS/TC springs.

Just know mine does fine for my needs & driving style.

Just sayin...
Old 03-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Former Sponsor

We do have more in stock also.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:14 PM

Mrs. DLVRNIT: I have the FE5 susp[SS] along with Pedders springsm and OTTP "hardcore" inch and a quarter rear bar, and pushing it to the limit, it has a little push, but the limit is pretty high. Better to have a little "Push" than a "Loose" condition.
If you ungraded to SS specs, with Pedders, and a bigger rear bar, the push should be manageable. Sic- you are supposed to lift before the appex of the corner...LOL. In slow- out fast, works evertime. "Moon"
Old 03-22-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by moonsign

Mrs. DLVRNIT: I have the FE5 susp[SS] along with Pedders springsm and OTTP "hardcore" inch and a quarter rear bar, and pushing it to the limit, it has a little push, but the limit is pretty high. Better to have a little "Push" than a "Loose" condition. If you ungraded to SS specs, with Pedders, and a bigger rear bar, the push should be manageable. Sic- you are supposed to lift before the appex of the corner...LOL. In slow- out fast, works evertime. "Moon"
Geez, I want Fast In, Fast Out ......

Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Racing Releases Rear Sway Bar