Supporting Vendors Promotions, specials, and group purchases by authorized Supporting Vendors ONLY

Turbo Tech Racing Releases Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 05:49 PM

I may have to buy and and try it. See if I like what it does. But I have a few other things I want to purchase first, at least one other thing. So maybe sometime this summer.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Yes that is correct, it is a "torsional" bar, where as this bar is in addition to that "torsional" bar.
Aaron, first let me say that you most likey have a quality product, but I am still not sure that it will benefit us SS owners....read on....

Originally Posted by djmoose
Here's my red TTR bar...I love it! A very noticable improvement.

I am sure that you have noticed quite a difference, and from your pic it seems like the sway bar goes under the torsional bar, is that true, or are my eyes not seeing correctly???

Originally Posted by Chevy SS
I may have to buy and and try it. See if I like what it does. But I have a few other things I want to purchase first, at least one other thing. So maybe sometime this summer.
just went outside to see exactly what our rear sway bar looks like, and it is a straight bar that is under the torsional bar, now the question(s) are;
1-if the TTR bar does indeed attach in a way that it goes under the torsional bar, there is no room for it, correct? unless the bar comes across the front of the torsional bar,, instead of underneath it... 2-if there is only a slight difference in diameter, then what benefit would our SS suspensions receive from adding this bar, if any??? On the HHR's that don't come with the rear sway bar, and again repeating myself, it seems that none of them do, except the SS, then there will be a significant gain as those members have stated.
All in all, I don't want to purchase a bar that will throw off the balance of the SS suspension. If it works and improves handling, then I'm all for it.
I would still like to hear from SS owners who have installed this unit and their feedback, so far no responses.......

Last edited by SSROADSTER; 07-05-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
All in all, I don't want to purchase a bar that will throw off the balance of the SS suspension. If it works and improves handling, then I'm all for it.

I would still like to hear from SS owners who have installed this unit and their feedback, so far no responses.......
Very true. It's been said many times that SS owners have bought them, but where are they? We have not heard from an SS owner about this bar.

No don't the bar makes a big difference on most cars, but the SS suspension is specifically tuned.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:55 AM

Ride quality?

I live in a city with TERRIBLE roads...what does this bar do to the ride quality? I have a base 2008 HHR...
Old 07-06-2008, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by StormChaser
I live in a city with TERRIBLE roads...what does this bar do to the ride quality? I have a base 2008 HHR...
it may help you very slightly with the ride quality, (on the good side) because you are connecting both sides of the vehicle suspension (in this application, the rear) together, but the sway bar's main purpose is to keep you balanced when going through the curves or quick maneuvers from side-to-side (lane changes, etc.) your vehicle will not lean as much as it does now, giving you more control than what you previously had.....just be safe with your new handling abilities
Old 07-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Former Sponsor

^^^ Exactly
Old 07-07-2008, 08:07 PM

Bumping, hoping to keep this active enough to hear from someone with an SS who bought it...
Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by patrick49
Bumping, hoping to keep this active enough to hear from someone with an SS who bought it...
That's all I am waiting for. I would like the opinion of several SS owners. Maybe I will buy one try it and if I don't like it sell it to an LS or LT owner
Old 07-08-2008, 09:20 AM

Not an SS here, but over the holiday we crused through carbon canyon here in So Cal. When we first mounted the bar on Mitzkity (2LT) the ride was noticibly improved (not talking cornering) which I don't quite understand, but it was a great side-effect. Running the corners in carbon canyon felt like driving Cheri's old Plymouth Laser (Early Eclipse) rather than the HHR we bought. We were doing 20mph corners at 45 with almost zero body roll. Couldn't believe the improvement.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:31 AM

what all will i need to install this? it was going to be father down the list of mods to do, but i think i might be moving it up.

I didn't know if it had to be torqued to any special settings or anything, I don't have a torque wrench here, so if it does i'll have to do it at my parents at the end of the month.

Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Racing Releases Rear Sway Bar