Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Cobalt SS Turbo wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:06 AM

Cobalt SS Turbo wheels?

Hello all, first I'd like to introduce myself as new to the forum. I just bought an '08 HHR LS this past Friday. I gotta say, I am loving it more and more every day. I made the switch from a Grand Cherokee V8 and was nervous that I would really miss the power and torque, but with the 5spd, this little thing is really pretty quick! And, plenty of cargo space and 30 mpg to boot! I was also really surprised at how nice it rides the first time I drove one.

Anyway, all that aside, it's time to start modding this thing. I don't have huge plans for it, as it's my daily driver and I already own a Camaro SS that is my true toy, for now I just want to lower it about 1" and put some wheels on it. I'm really leaning toward the 18" graphite Cobalt SS/SC wheels, but I'm also very interested in the SS/TC wheels on the newer cars (the split 5 spoke design). I've seen a handful of HHR's on this site with the SC wheels, but haven't seen any TC wheels yet. Does anyone know of anyone running these wheels? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM

Welcome!!

We went from a 96 Grand Cherokee to our 2004 2LT we love it and can tow behind the motor home.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Neil
Hello all, first I'd like to introduce myself as new to the forum. I just bought an '08 HHR LS this past Friday. I gotta say, I am loving it more and more every day. I made the switch from a Grand Cherokee V8 and was nervous that I would really miss the power and torque, but with the 5spd, this little thing is really pretty quick! And, plenty of cargo space and 30 mpg to boot! I was also really surprised at how nice it rides the first time I drove one.

Anyway, all that aside, it's time to start modding this thing. I don't have huge plans for it, as it's my daily driver and I already own a Camaro SS that is my true toy, for now I just want to lower it about 1" and put some wheels on it. I'm really leaning toward the 18" graphite Cobalt SS/SC wheels, but I'm also very interested in the SS/TC wheels on the newer cars (the split 5 spoke design). I've seen a handful of HHR's on this site with the SC wheels, but haven't seen any TC wheels yet. Does anyone know of anyone running these wheels? Thanks in advance.
My Cobalt Turbo 18" wheels are for sale.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/deleted-threads-41/sold%2Acobalt-turbo-wheels-tires-stock-bpv-42718/
Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 PM

Welcome to the site. There are several options on lowering. You can go with cobalt SS springs, pedders, canucks. Check out the supporting vendors link at the top of the page. Lots of good accessories. I personally just went with cobalt SS springs on the rear to level the stance out. If you do lower it completely just remember you will scrape on bumps. Even at stock ride height it's easy to jam the bumper into a stopper! I may have done this a few times.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HHR_carnatic
My Cobalt Turbo 18" wheels are for sale.

[URL="https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42718"]https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42718/URL]
Why side track this 2 year old Thread ?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:18 PM

Hahaha. Never even looked at the date.