Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

I tried the new Goodyear F1 All-Season

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:21 PM

Don't think I'd call him a spammer, but do a Google for "Hib Halverson".

Lots of folks in Corvette circles love him
Old 08-29-2007, 10:00 PM

I like the work that went into the comparisons. Kudos there. I've been thinking of either Comfort Tread or Triple treads anyway. I want less noise but reasonable wet and dry handling.
Seems there are more choices all the time for the HHR. This is good!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
Boy, does that sound like a sales pitch.....
As I've been on other forum sites on the I'net going back many years, I'm familiar with the mentality of some on forums and, seems the HHR.net is no different, but...that's one great thing about the Internet: free speech.

I expected some to respond in that manner confronted with a reasonably well-written article on tires.

I don't sell Goodyear tires. I don't work for Goodyear. I don't work for a marketing company.

I do have a lot of cars on Goodyear tires. They've worked well for me over the years. The Firestones that came on my HHR flat sucked and I decided to put the F1 ASes on because I wanted the latest technology in a premium all-season tire (rather than the ultra-performance tires I have on my other cars) and I had purchased the truck about the same time Goodyear introduced these tires to the market.

But, if you think I'm "spamming" freakin' report me.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:24 PM

you guys just don't know....do you????

you people have no clue who Hib is!!!! So before you pass judgement, check him out. He has been writing for different mags for years and yes he is a Corvette guy, but most important a "CAR" guy just like you and me, only he has the ability to put his thoughts into articles that many people read and look forward to. This forum should be happy to have him here, he has a wealth of info that he can share if you don't break his stones.
So reread the article and be thankful that there is someone here who is willing to share his knowledge with fellow car enthusiasts like us.
No, I don't know Hib personally, but after reading the many articles he has written over the years, I feel like I've known him a long time.
And for the guys who said "SPAM" you just dont know , do you???

The above post is not meant to be an attack on anyone, so no flames please, it is meant to bring to your attention who Hib is and what he represents in the car world!!!! .............................Tom
Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson
The Firestones that came on my HHR flat sucked
I think we can just about all agree on that. When I was at the tire shop deciding on a tire the manager asked me what came on the car from the factory. When I told him he gave me a dead serious look and said, "I'm sorry!". I nearly fell on the floor laughing.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:26 AM

Thanks for the great article Hib...I for one appreciate what you have written. Unfortunately many people do not take the time to google search a username prior to considering a post "SPAM". After reading your initial post, I did just that and I see you have written many articles on a great deal of topics.

I for one look forward to reading any future articles you may write. If you have a mailing list where one can get them sent directly to their email, I'd love to be added. Not sure if it's acceptable to post a link to such a thing directly on the board, so if it in fact does exist, please PM me with a link to sign up.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson
As I've been on other forum sites on the I'net going back many years, I'm familiar with the mentality of some on forums and, seems the HHR.net is no different, but...that's one great thing about the Internet: free speech.

I expected some to respond in that manner confronted with a reasonably well-written article on tires.

I don't sell Goodyear tires. I don't work for Goodyear. I don't work for a marketing company.

I do have a lot of cars on Goodyear tires. They've worked well for me over the years. The Firestones that came on my HHR flat sucked and I decided to put the F1 ASes on because I wanted the latest technology in a premium all-season tire (rather than the ultra-performance tires I have on my other cars) and I had purchased the truck about the same time Goodyear introduced these tires to the market.

But, if you think I'm "spamming" freakin' report me.
Sorry, I don't remember saying "spam" anywhere in my post. I said sales pitch, and I will stick by that.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:41 AM

It doesn't really matter to me, what he posts I think it is a little out of line however to make your first post an "article"

An example of an introduction...
"Hi my name is _____ I am from ______ and recently aquired an HHR. I am in marketing and I am given the opportunity to test various products for the automotive industry. I am known for my work with Corvettes and other Domestic performance vehicles, and some may recognize my name. I look forward to posting some interesting and informative articles about various products I test."

Anything along those lines would have been better than just throwing up an article without any real introduction.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Yea, I'll have to agree with "Primiere" on this one... It was a little funky seeing your first post as a review on one product. I think that is the only thing that lead people to think that it could be marketing, advertising, and so on.

However, your article was, IMO, well-written and put together nicely.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
Yea, I'll have to agree with "Primiere" on this one... It was a little funky seeing your first post as a review on one product. I think that is the only thing that lead people to think that it could be marketing, advertising, and so on.

However, your article was, IMO, well-written and put together nicely.
Well...as you can tell, such opinions don't phase me much. But, also, in this sitch I totally like the idea of you posting your opinions here. Gives you an out for all that anger.

If I had it to do over again, considering HHR.net doesn't have a product review section (that I can find), I'd do it the same way. I'm not going to kiss butt to a few controlling individuals who feel forum members can post certain things until they've been a member for a while. I didn't read anything like that in the forums rules before I joined.

Actually, before I posted on the Goodyear F1 AS, I emailed the address in on the "Contact Us" page and asked about product reviews but never got a complete response.

I'm a car guy and my work is cars. I test a lot of products, mainly for Corvettes and Camaros, but some stuff for old Blazers and, now, HHRs. I almost never write articles about products I have not tested on my own vehicles.

Right now, we have the F1 AS tires on the truck, a Z-Industries calibration in the engine controller and Red Line Synthetic lubricants in the powertrain.

What's next on the HHR?

Well, it's driven primarily by my fiance as her daily-D, so we're not going to get too aggressive on mods, but we agree the car needs an exhaust and maybe an intake kit. After we do that, I'll probably take it back to Ron Zimmer (Z-Industries) for more cal work.

My hope is I can take the two-four from 175 to 200-hp but, frankly, knowing what I do about GM Powertrain's products these days, I'm gonn bet there's not going to be 25-hp left on the table for just intake, exhaust and cal changes.

Lastly, any of you guys know where you can get a 180 thermostat' for the 2.4 Ecotec? Also, anyone know the O.E. 'stat value?

Quick Reply: I tried the new Goodyear F1 All-Season