Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

I want Rallye Wheels !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 07:46 PM

I want Rallye Wheels !!!

That's right, I really want a set of rallye wheels... Been looking at some fancy alloy rims at different places, but I just keep coming back to rallyes every time. I have an '09 1LT and it doesn't make sense to me to put "performance" rims on. I'm just a cruiser and want that vintage look. Obviously I have Wheel Vintiques bookmarked on my browser. But I'm wondering if there is any where else to look for these?

My HHR is that blinding bright silver color and I have the 5 spoke steelies with the plastic covers (which are now painted black) and I'm wanting the rallye's black with the rings and baby moons. From what I can see online, it's going to cost more than if I just got some alloys at Discount Tire or whatever, but I think it's more better to save up and get what I really want than to settle for something else just because it's cheaper.

I love this site, and would like to thank all who have contributed information. I have saved a lot of $ replacing rear shocks and front shock/struts/end links with the help of you guys.

Thank You!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member

Rick-

Summit Racing carries them, But I believe they are from Wheel Vintiques.

That IS a cool look !!!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Deceased

Here's the link for Wheel-Vintiques, they sell direct also.

http://www.wheelvintiques.com/index....09-series.html

And sleeper's right, they do look super cool.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:26 AM
Platinum Member

and available in powder coating too (at an additional cost of course) !!!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by RickB
I think it's more better to save up and get what I really want than to settle for something else just because it's cheaper.
This^^^^^^

The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long After The Sweetness Of Cheap Price Is Forgotten.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:18 AM

Thanks! Looks like going through Summit may be cheaper w/free shipping. And I should be able to paint them myself. Looks like there are 3 different part #'s for the rings, and I can't tell much difference (3000-16 / 3005-16 / 3006-16). Anyone know what's different about them?

Anyway, I think I've got a good idea what Santa may be bringing this year!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by RickB
Thanks! Looks like going through Summit may be cheaper w/free shipping. And I should be able to paint them myself. Looks like there are 3 different part #'s for the rings, and I can't tell much difference (3000-16 / 3005-16 / 3006-16). Anyone know what's different about them?

Anyway, I think I've got a good idea what Santa may be bringing this year!
Think you'll find the difference on the trim rings is the depth of the wheel, ie whether it's a 5", 6" etc. rim, which causes the trim ring to be aprox 1.5" 2" deep etc...

I have ordered two sets of staynless trim rings for various vehicles from seller NationWideHubcaps on fleabay and am very pleased with the quality (Taiwan) and value. Which I think you'll find the trims rings at near half of Summit's price. As a reference to go by, the stock multihole steel HHr rims use the 1.5" deep trim ring.

I too am drawn to the Wheel Vintique; but being the tighwad that I am will wait on a used set. Unfortunately the most recent set on this forum was powdercoated a color similar to my Hhr, which didn't excite me; so I still wait.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:06 AM

I could just pass on the beauty rings for now and go with that cop wheel look. For that matter, if I could get a center cap that would go on the stock 5-spoke steelies I would do that.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:44 PM

Is there any other cap available for these wheel ? Not crazy about the moons.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:30 PM

there is a cap that is called a disc brake cap and another called cop cap that is prety flat w/bowtie in the center

Quick Reply: I want Rallye Wheels !!!