War Stories HHR vs all

Bad Day Today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:51 PM

Bad Day Today!

First off my Wife comes home from work to tell me the place where she works is dropping health care insurance for all employees as of April 30th!! TEN DAYS NOTICE!! Isn't that just ducky!! Then a short time later I go out the back door and notice something oddly sticking out by the HHRs right headlight. I take a closer look and see a foot long crease along the fender just above the wheel opening, and the joint where it's attached to the bumper is pulled apart! Also some smaller scratches along the lower door and just under the headlight. She had stopped at the grocery on the way home and I guess some "Jackass" had scraped the side in fine style. No note of course, probably no insurance. Took it right over to the nearby Chevy dealer for an estimate. Would you believe $1,206.00 to repair. Unbelievable
Old 04-20-2007, 11:52 PM
jx3

Wow, that really sucks to hear about your ride! But that's nothing compared to losing the health insurance.

When I got dropped from payroll by my previous employer (do to being on medical leave for over a year), I had to convert my group policy to an individual. Now I'm paying out my A$$ for it!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
Wow, that really sucks to hear about your ride! But that's nothing compared to losing the health insurance.

When I got dropped from payroll by my previous employer (do to being on medical leave for over a year), I had to convert my group policy to an individual. Now I'm paying out my A$$ for it!
Yeah, that definitely is the worst part of it. Trouble is she has 4 more years before Medicare is available to her. Several Months ago (Between jobs) she had to go on "Cobra" for health ins. at $403.00 a Month! She'll be lucky if she can find another job, at 61, that'll offer any decent coverage, but she said she'll look. At least the HHR can be fixed!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:41 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Alzonie
Several Months ago (Between jobs) she had to go on "Cobra" for health ins. at $403.00 a Month!
With my current health condition, my premiums are 3K a month!!Name:  sSc_eek2.gif
Views: 16
Size:  484 Bytes
Old 04-21-2007, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
With my current health condition, my premiums are 3K a month!!
Good Grief Man! That's more than I bring in a Month between Soc. Security and Pension!! That is Rough!!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:10 AM
jx3

Good Grief Man! That's more than I bring in a Month between Soc. Security and Pension!! That is Rough!!
Fortunatly, my mother-in-law is in a position to help us out.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
Fortunatly, my mother-in-law is in a position to help us out.
Well, that's sure a break for you! My problem is I'm the one "At the top of the Ladder" in my Family, so to speak! Any Major health problems and I'm just "Out there" depending on some HMO to see me through whatever.
It's winding up in a Nursing Home at some point that scares the hell out of me. That'll wipe a guy out in short order! And the premiums for any kind of Insurance at my age are out of reach.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:17 AM

That is terrible news! As you say, at least the HHR can be fixed.

Best of luck getting new coverage set up. The cost of medical care is so high...
Old 04-21-2007, 06:59 AM

Yeah, that definitely is the worst part of it. Trouble is she has 4 more years before Medicare is available to her. Several Months ago (Between jobs) she had to go on "Cobra" for health ins. at $403.00 a Month! She'll be lucky if she can find another job, at 61, that'll offer any decent coverage, but she said she'll look. At least the HHR can be fixed!
My dad retired at age 62 but was suppose to have benefits until he reached 65. Last fall the company closed and he lost his medical benefits. He had to find insurance for himself for 2 years until he can get medicare benefits. He has a basic plan with Blue Cross (state law that Blue Cross has to provide some type of insurance to anyone) as no one will insure him because of being a diabetic. The system SUCKS!!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:39 AM

This country really is in a crisis when it comes to health care. Millions of people with no coverage at all, and millions of others hardly able to keep up with the premiums for the insurance they do have!
I sure don't know what the answer is, but the troubling thing is, it seems, neither does anyone in the Government, or else they don't really care. A lot of talk, but no action!
I guess all those in Congress have great Health Care coverage (Thanks to the Taxpayers!) so why should they worry much about the rest of us.
No problem coming up with Billions of Dollars for some senseless War though!

Quick Reply: Bad Day Today!