War Stories HHR vs all

Bad Day Today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 10:56 AM

That stinks about both Alzonie. I haven't had health insurance for over 10 years. Last job didn't offer it at all and when I did need coverage when I broke my ankle, luckily I qualified for assistance through Denver Health Medical to have it all done. Then, several years later when the screw in my ankle started backing out, I made too much money to qualify for assistance by $100. In order to be covered, I had to take a week off work without pay so my income appeared lower. (they use the most recent 4 weeks of pay X 12 to determine eligibility, so then I qualified...it was their idea for me to do this) Kicker was at that then I had to pay nearly $1000 up front before they would schedule the surgery too.

I work thru a temp service right now and they offer it, but I'm pretty healthy and hoping that I get on permanent where I have been working the last several months. Boss says they will be making a decision in the next several months on what they want to do, and I should plan on being there at least that long, if not permanent. Takes time for the corporate ball to move as some may know. How funny...I'm working for the Ball Corporation.

Good luck dealing with both matters and please keep us posted.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:36 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I work thru a temp service right now and they offer it, but I'm pretty healthy and hoping that I get on permanent where I have been working the last several months. Boss says they will be making a decision in the next several months on what they want to do, and I should plan on being there at least that long, if not permanent. Takes time for the corporate ball to move as some may know.
THREAD DEVIATION ALERT !!

Deb, don't get your hopes up too high for a permanent position. When I was working for a temp agency, I got hired by a company after only 1 week. In the 10 years that I worked there, I had seen numerous other temps that were told they would be hired as well. Most left after 3 months because their applications had not even been looked at by management, much less forwarded to the powers in charge. They even strung along 1 guy for over a year! Since you've been there several months , and it's going to be several more months before they decide .......I'm sure you can do the math.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Banned

Yeah, temping sucks. Usually they make you wait for a few months before you qualify for crappy health insurance, then you get laid off the moment you enroll. Or you get stuck with an agency that has no benefits, and they string you along for years promising that you'll be permanently hired.

Every once in a while my old temp agency calls me to see if I want a job. I hope I never have to tell them "yes" again.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:32 PM

Got a second estimate on the fender damage yesterday and it was almost the same as the first from the Dealer. $1,237.39 this time!! I'm going with them though 'cause Hartford Ins. says they'll knock $100.00 off my deductible if use them! Guy says it'll be cheaper to replace the fender than to try and fix it. ($154.37) Too many creases in it to come out right! (For the time it would take I guess.)
What gets me is they say they have to paint the door too There's no damage on the door! He say's they'll have to remove the mirror and the vent shield over the window to do it!! GEEZ!! It damn well better all match up right when they're done. And this is going to take 6 days besides. This is so aggravating because of some moron driver that can't park their car!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:25 PM

if they don't paint the door, you will see a difference.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:50 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Alzonie
Also some smaller scratches along the lower door and just under the headlight.
Originally Posted by Alzonie
There's no damage on the door!
Well, which is it?
Old 04-26-2007, 12:21 AM

The scratches were only on that fender extension on the lower front of the door. The dealer said they only had to redo that section. This second place said if they didn't paint the "Whole" door it wouldn't blend in right. If that's the case will the front door and back door match. I suppose they could repaint the whole car to be safe!