War Stories HHR vs all

Hhr lt vs chevy(?) canyon

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Premium Member

Hhr lt vs chevy(?) canyon

So i saw this red chevy canyon with galvanized colored steelies

Thought it was a crappy truck

Apparently it had a v8 in it or something cause it sure blew the doors off my lt

I wasnt about to rev it to redline since its going to be my daily driver for what seems the rest of my life

Wish we got an ss
Old 04-20-2012, 11:07 PM

They have an optional 300HP 5.3 V-8 in them starting 2009
Old 04-20-2012, 11:07 PM

Hey I just got smoked too....by a sport-bike. He was turning right behind me and he jumped out in the left lane and got on the throttle. I figured, what the hell, I'm doing pulls for tuning tonight anyway. I was actually pulling away from him before he realized it was not a regular HHR. Then he put the hammer down and zoomed by me. I tried to give him a friendly wave at the next light but he must hate "cagers". SS does not always equal win, but all HHRs equal fun. I hope my story has made you feel better.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:53 AM

Ah
That brings back memories of running the crotch rockets in
My 69 impala ( stock looking) and my BBC lowered pick up
Always wondered what they thought when they where behind and falling back.
Of course with bikes you migh
t get a 12 second inevitable so around here you may be running a 9 second bike these days.
Anyhow are any of you guys using a gtech when making pulls or passes.
There is a yon of info to be had with one
Old 04-21-2012, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
Ah
That brings back memories of running the crotch rockets in
My 69 impala ( stock looking) and my BBC lowered pick up
Always wondered what they thought when they where behind and falling back.
Of course with bikes you migh
t get a 12 second inevitable so around here you may be running a 9 second bike these days.
Anyhow are any of you guys using a gtech when making pulls or passes.
There is a yon of info to be had with one
Oh I have no illusions about running against a modern sportbike. My R1 derived FZ1 is good for 100mph in first. I just think the funny part is seeing how far away you can get from something that is the real deal before they realize you aren't just a grocery getter. I'm not sure what Gtech is. I log with HPTuners, but I've been thinking about an aeroforce interceptor for day to day monitoring. I just not sure where I'd put it yet cuz I want to keep the stock boost gauge.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Deceased

I never worry about the "Crotch Rocket" guys, they give me that look when I have the Challenger or SS out, but I never engage them in a Stoplight Grand Prix...they're future organ doners anyway, at least the ones around here.

Last year I saw one on some sort of hyperbike wheelie right into the back of a Concord Police car at about 70mph, he survived and was facing a raft of charges the last time I heard.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:23 AM

Bread
I here ya I am sure the bikes are saying what the &%$##%&
As you pull away.then they might even be saying hey something's wrong with my bike I should have went right by him with ease
The gtech is an acellerometer based unit that will give you things like real 0-60 times 1/8 mile times 1/4 mile et and MPH.
Like a vericom if you ever heard of one ofhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmfwg5eoAFs&feature=youtube_gdata_player them.
With the gtech you basically have a dragstrip anywhere.
They also will give you am idea of HP and wool give accurate
G force numbers also.
Also some models have a built in shift lit senses when the gforce is dropping during a pass.

843de I can't even imagine being the guy on the bike who hit the police car whoops.
I am amazed at all the bikes around here most ate pretty good about getting out away from a residential section to open them up.
But everyone once I'm a while they just do not think.
Not uncommon. To be cruising at 65 and have one blow by doing a wheelie.
Seen some choppers literally touch my bumper as they cut in front of me on the highway in one of my show cars.
I was shocked. Thank god I did not crack the throttle when they did that.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:50 AM

As long as I don't have to grow my facial hair like the guy in the video to use Gtech, heheh. It looks pretty cool but I think I might hold out for the interceptor gauge as it will present (and record) operational parameters like boost, fuel trims, temperatures, etc in addition to the accelerometer stuff. Don't get me wrong about messin' with guys on m/c. I'm always careful not to put those guys in danger. I'm one of those nice guys that will move over for faster traffic.

Sorry about accidentally hijacking your thread, hhrumadbruh. I used to have an LT and I've been there. I loved it for what it was. It was fun the way the engine howled when I got on it. It bothered me a little that GM didn't put a little more difference between the 2.4L and the 2.2L starting in 2006. Would 200hp base + a little more towing capacity be too much to ask of a small SUV?
Old 05-17-2012, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Breadfan
Hey I just got smoked too....by a sport-bike. He was turning right behind me and he jumped out in the left lane and got on the throttle. I figured, what the hell, I'm doing pulls for tuning tonight anyway. I was actually pulling away from him before he realized it was not a regular HHR. Then he put the hammer down and zoomed by me. I tried to give him a friendly wave at the next light but he must hate "cagers". SS does not always equal win, but all HHRs equal fun. I hope my story has made you feel better.
being a rider, i can say there is a reason why we hate most cagers.

1. 95% of all cagers are haters, they try to block us as we split lanes and speed up so we cant pass (like i cant move my wrist a quarter of an inch and blow by you??? doesnt make sense)

2. a good 65% of sport bike riders...are actaully douches and make the rest of us look bad

i actually cant wait to get my SS as i daily commute on my bike now and i probably face near death 3 times a week lol and i would love to drive to work again
Old 05-17-2012, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by chonface
being a rider, i can say there is a reason why we hate most cagers.

1. 95% of all cagers are haters, they try to block us as we split lanes and speed up so we cant pass (like i cant move my wrist a quarter of an inch and blow by you??? doesnt make sense)

2. a good 65% of sport bike riders...are actaully douches and make the rest of us look bad

i actually cant wait to get my SS as i daily commute on my bike now and i probably face near death 3 times a week lol and i would love to drive to work again
Never have understood why a state would make legal the concept of splitting lanes and I have been riding bikes since back when Hodaka was a name known throughout the land; ok so maybe I should have said when Nixon was President?

Quick Reply: Hhr lt vs chevy(?) canyon