War Stories HHR vs all

HHR SS vs 99 Mitsubishi eclips

Old 04-25-2013, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by badassbowtie
Mine does the boost thing too. I changed the bpv and the intercooler piping thinking I had a leak. Does it with trifecta, did it with superchips.....I'm lost on what it is....I assume a throttle position thing?

And foxtrot, I seen a 99 ish black eclipse around my neck of the woods a few times that has checkered pinstripes that are white, and has big number 3's on the doors.....not sure what he's going for, but dale Earnhardt theme on a 99 eclipse with a fart can is pretty stupid IMO....Monte Carlo should be the car with that stuff?
Lol wow that's sad. I totally agree badass. The one I beat was more riced out. Had some Japanese markings on it as well.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by hhryoungin
good thing he had that fire extinguisher to COOL HIM OFF after his traumatic experience lmao. nice kill foxtrot!
Lol yeah big time. The guy didn't even look at me.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by SmootHHR
Guessing it wasn't a turbo
I don't think so, for sure he had a exhaust. But my car is pretty loud so I can't be 100% sure especially since that exclips was eating my dust the whole time
Old 04-26-2013, 08:57 AM

Just Love it. Mitsubishi engines powered the Japanese bombers and fighters that attacked Pearl Harbor 7 Dec 1941. Over 2500 Americans died that day. Some of us will never forget especially if you lost a relative there.

Boydie

Originally Posted by foxtrotraptor
So this red Mitsubishi eclips with sponsor decals and a fire extinguisher on the A pillar thought he could take me on. Lol he never caught up not even close. I guess he thought the little fire extinguisher on the A pillar was suppose to give him extra HP?? Lol
Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by foxtrotraptor
One from a stop then from a roll at about 35mph. Yeah I get that boost thing sometimes. From a roll I got 10 then it went up to 15 psi after 2nd gear. From a stop I got about 22psi it snapped my neck back. That guy didn't have a chance
Well good to hear that I am not the only one with the boost issue

Baddass I am surpised that with the trifecta tune you still have the same issue I thought it was just the gm tune.

I have figured it out that if you are going from a roll let totally off the gas so it makes alot of vacuum for at least a second then if you floor it 22-23 psi almost everytime
Old 04-26-2013, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
Well good to hear that I am not the only one with the boost issue

Baddass I am surpised that with the trifecta tune you still have the same issue I thought it was just the gm tune.

I have figured it out that if you are going from a roll let totally off the gas so it makes alot of vacuum for at least a second then if you floor it 22-23 psi almost everytime
Yup that happens to me every time.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Boydie
Just Love it. Mitsubishi engines powered the Japanese bombers and fighters that attacked Pearl Harbor 7 Dec 1941. Over 2500 Americans died that day. Some of us will never forget especially if you lost a relative there.

Boydie
True that
Old 05-01-2013, 01:01 AM

If you try and go off from a roll, and you're in second gear[auto], just pull'er down in 1st gear, and she will get full boost. "Moon"
Old 05-01-2013, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by moonsign
If you try and go off from a roll, and you're in second gear[auto], just pull'er down in 1st gear, and she will get full boost. "Moon"
You mean put the shifter to the "I" position?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by moonsign
You mean 1st as long as you are going a certain speed or less?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HHR SS vs 99 Mitsubishi eclips