War Stories HHR vs all

hhr ss vs srt charger-death

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 12:50 PM

hhr ss vs srt charger-death

was at my bike mechanic house dropping off a seat i borrowed and saw someone there with a black 07 srt charger. i was on my bike at the time and asked would he run my car and he laughed. well,this ticked me off. hauled ass home and got the car. we get on an empty feeder and go from a 20. i jump out about 1/2-1 car on him. by 3rd we are dead even. when i went to fourth he put 2 on me and hold. not sure if he's modded. even if he was,he would deny it lol. oh well that's my death.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:59 AM

sounds like you need to get a real tune to take advantage of the other things you have done. I bet that could gain you quite a bit of power over the bottled bsr tune.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 AM

Keeping with in 2 on a big v8 charger with a 2.o 4 banger,,I would call that a win ,anyday.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:40 AM

Ask him to pull 4 spark plug wires so its an even race.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jaxon
sounds like you need to get a real tune to take advantage of the other things you have done. I bet that could gain you quite a bit of power over the bottled bsr tune.
completely agree. Find someone in your area to do a HPTune on your car man
Old 05-11-2010, 03:21 AM

not just that, but the bsr doesn't fix the af ratio errors due to your intake side mods and ic efficiency. also everyone who talks about the 8cyl to 4cyl thing, we have a turbo. take off the turbo if you want to race a 8cyl on 4 lol. the turbo is the only reason these cars are as fast as they are and we all know it. btw, fwd<rwd lol. we have about 100 less hp as them when were tuned, but we weigh like 1k less to make up for it, I'm pretty suprised that you lost from a roll with the amount of mods you have. if you spend a few hundred more, the outcome would become the opposite if not more lol.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:33 PM

not interested in any tune right now. until i see it with my own eyes and real world test,ALL tunes are the same. why do i think that??? back when i had only the tune,me and gcsd(eric) had our cars dynoed at the same time. he had hpt tuners. he dynoed 2-3hp more than i did. since then,as far as to my knowledge,no one company have gotten alot out of tunes,to say one is superior to the other. also since day one with the tune, i had NO ISSUES so far. still skeptical on the gm tune being stacked. if it's so great,how come you don't see it alot??? i also suspect the charger is modded,possible spray. for sure exhaust. i have beaten srt chargers before,guess he's faster lol.

thanks for the advice guys,but sticking with the hahn/bsr till i upgrade the turbo,which i will have to have the hpt. otherwise,i'm good. have a gut feeling when hpt unlock these mystery tables that was talked about almost 2years ago,bsr might have an upgrade as well. i get emails all the time of them upgrading tunes for vehicles they already done...who knows lol.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:30 PM

No offense but the HPT and Trifecta tunes have evolved a lot since the initial tunes people were doing, more things have been unlocked in the ecu. So while your BSR tune may have been on par back then, now its way behind the curve.

BSR has been contacted by a member on the cobalt forums and has said they have no intention of releasing any upgrade tunes for the 2.0 LNF on there BSR tuner, sorry
You might want to invest in Trifecta or HPT if your looking for more power.

As far as the CAI, they are right you need a custom tune like HPT or Trifecta to fix the MAF skews to get the most power out of it.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:33 AM

Mightymouse lets run them again now and see? I have had some other toys done now and retuned etc... with the H/P Tuners....LOL
Old 05-25-2010, 09:28 AM

The charger srt is a pretty sick car for almost double our car prices and its not really in the same league as the HHR SS. I bet he was still confused that you were that close to him. You probably earned his respect and left him scratching his head. Sometimes its more of the fight than the finish.

Quick Reply: hhr ss vs srt charger-death