War Stories HHR vs all

Just Curious ... HHR SS V/S Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
i'd hope you are.... especially with that fancy turbo you got there.
Yeah, but as I tell everyone my SS is my DD.

The 5 spd awd turbo van I have turbo'd with built forged internals is the car I'm prepping for weekend duty, AWD is great for 1/8th mile tracks.

Thing only weighs in at 3k lbs, same as a Cobalt SS/TC but its AWD.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
I bet I'm in the 12's with all my mods, but we only have a local 1/8 and all the 1/4's are 1 hour plus away and they are all crappy upkeep tracks to boot
Prove it I don't think driving a turbo for an hour+ would be boring. What could be more fun than beating the ***** out of your car, then slamming a hamburger and beer on the way home?

Traction with high power fwd is not easy with street tires. I am having trouble surpassing 5.3-.4 right now with street tread, but it pulls like crazy when I have grip.

I still have to get to the track with my SC 2.4l(in the next few weeks, hopefully when its not 95 frickin degrees w/95% humidity), but I still don't think I could beat a TC/SS-modded/tuned. I would be happy to race one though...
Old 07-18-2011, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Yeah, but as I tell everyone my SS is my DD.

The 5 spd awd turbo van I have turbo'd with built forged internals is the car I'm prepping for weekend duty, AWD is great for 1/8th mile tracks.

Thing only weighs in at 3k lbs, same as a Cobalt SS/TC but its AWD.
BTW...AWD turbo van. Yeah...sweet
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by nacademus
Cobalt SS Superchardged VS HHR SS +1 Cobalt (though close if HHR SS is manual)
Cobalt SS Turbocharged VS HHR SS +1 Cobalt (not even close...)
can u drive??? i blasted a sc cobalt when my car just had a hahn tune. he was stage 2. sorry to seem like an ass,but NOWAY should a hhr ss lose to a sc cobalt...unless the sc has nitrous...i'm on youtube going up againt another HIGHLY modded sc. the second run he sprayed me. my car had hahn tune only back then.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
rock on man.

the reason i brought aerodynamics is because the front of the HHR SS is very flat and more like a box truck.

whoa! hold up...... are you saying no one on here has done it? i gotta get my wagon to the drag strip, i could make history!
i'm sure crazysteve is there. remember,he went 13.1 a couple of years ago.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
can u drive??? i blasted a sc cobalt when my car just had a hahn tune. he was stage 2. sorry to seem like an ass,but NOWAY should a hhr ss lose to a sc cobalt...unless the sc has nitrous...i'm on youtube going up againt another HIGHLY modded sc. the second run he sprayed me. my car had hahn tune only back then.
Agreed...As I said, with 2 liters of displacement and lower boost/CR the SC would have to be modded heavily to compete...I blew away an SC Cobalt the other night...Can't compete with equal boost, +.4 liters of displacement with higher CR....Mr. Cobalt asked what was under my hood and I replied "Mostly the same thing. We're powered by Ecotecs and we're both ripping Eatons(followed by the whine and dine of built(not bought) 9psi)...I peaced out.(Now...11psi)
Old 07-19-2011, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
i'm sure crazysteve is there. remember,he went 13.1 a couple of years ago.
nope, i don't remember...... i wasn't "here" a couple years ago.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Officer1151
Ask SS.Lady. her and her man run at the strip. Both 5sp, and she was just behind him on the drag.
Haha. I just barely let him win.

But, for real...I had him when it was just me running the stage kit.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:49 PM

I sold my SS/SC and came over to an HHR SS, 5 speed with the LSD.

My SC was on a 2.9" pulley, 42's, heat exhanger, Option B, catless DP, with a hell of a tune, ran 13.5 @ 104

Owned the HHR for two weeks, have Dejon intake, ZZP catless DP, and Trifecta budget tune and went 14.2 @ 104.

Identical traps, but the launch and 400 extra pounds is killing me!

Only car I've ran here too has been an SS/SC, stock pulley, intake and catback and I pulled from him a decent amount. That said though, my old SS/SC would have me but I love driving the HHR so much more.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Schulte
I sold my SS/SC and came over to an HHR SS, 5 speed with the LSD.

My SC was on a 2.9" pulley, 42's, heat exhanger, Option B, catless DP, with a hell of a tune, ran 13.5 @ 104

Owned the HHR for two weeks, have Dejon intake, ZZP catless DP, and Trifecta budget tune and went 14.2 @ 104.

Identical traps, but the launch and 400 extra pounds is killing me!

Only car I've ran here too has been an SS/SC, stock pulley, intake and catback and I pulled from him a decent amount. That said though, my old SS/SC would have me but I love driving the HHR so much more.
Rumors in SE VA say your Cobalt got its arse handed to it by a non-TC HHR...

Quick Reply: Just Curious ... HHR SS V/S Cobalt SS