War Stories HHR vs all

punched in the nose..

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 03:39 PM

O U C H !!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
Skatetheglobe, who is your insurance through? I know my accident experience with Stitch I might not be typical, but at least GEICO followed through on trying to get money out of the lady who was obviously at fault (NY is also a no-fault state). And Black Beauty, after I got Stitch II insured, our insurance rate actually went down by about $20 despite the accident. (multi-car policy, though, with two drivers 25 and older)
I also have Geico DC and the same thing happened to me. Never had an accident in over 30 years and someone side swiped my HHR in a parking lot. Did not notice it till later in the evening as it was on the passengers side so no Police report as I had been to several parking lots that day. I expected my rates to go UP but instead they went down. Wow was I supprised..
Old 05-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
The whole insurance thing is a scam.
First off you`re paying every month, whether you use it or not, then you have a deductable when you can least afford to put out more money...
Essentially, I`m betting that I`ll have an accident, they`re betting that I won`t, with my money...
And if I win, and have an accident, they charge me more to bet. SCAM.....
BB......

It's technically called risk analysis.

You need to look at the world through a different set of glasses. You're aweful cynical.....
Old 05-14-2007, 07:17 PM

well I was told by my insurance company to pay the deductible and they would try and get my reimbursed..Thats if geico finds thier guy was at fault..My question is if the insurance companys are able to find out who was at fault then why couldn't the cops..I'm looking to talk to an attorney about filing a law suit against the city of West Palm beach..

Has anybody ever had any experiences where the cops didn't do thier job in investigating?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
BB......

It's technically called risk analysis.

You need to look at the world through a different set of glasses. You're aweful cynical.....
Well don`t just throw that out there, explain your point of view...
Old 05-14-2007, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Skatetheglobe
well I was told by my insurance company to pay the deductible and they would try and get my reimbursed..Thats if geico finds thier guy was at fault..My question is if the insurance companys are able to find out who was at fault then why couldn't the cops..I'm looking to talk to an attorney about filing a law suit against the city of West Palm beach..

Has anybody ever had any experiences where the cops didn't do thier job in investigating?
The claims department for the insurance companies will do a much more thorough investigation than the local police department. Once they have taken statements from all parties involved, any witnesses, reviewed the police report and evaluated where each vehicle is damaged, they can usually determine who is actually at fault in an accident. It is possible that they may determine that both you and the other driver contributed to the accident and they will determine a percentage for each and pay accordingly.

The only thing the police department really determines in the accident is if someone was so blatantly at fault that they need to be issued a citation. Save your money and don't bother trying to sue them...it's the insurance company who is paying and will ultimately determine fault after a lengthy investigation.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:03 PM

In Los Angeles the police do not come to an accident unless there are inuries, DUI, hit and run, or public proerty damage. I did have a witness name and phone number to give to my insurance company. They took down my info and then talked to the other party.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Well don`t just throw that out there, explain your point of view...
You buy insurance (car, health, life, etc) to assist when that situation comes up. Granted in the long run you may pay out more that you get. But that money is there if the situation happens and they way you don't have to fork out large amounts of money. SC now has a law that allows you to elect to not have auto insurance. You still have to pay for that "non" coverage and regular liability might even cost the same (never looked that close into it). But you pay several hundred for the year. Most people could not believe I kept full coverage on my 10 year old truck. When it was stolen, I sure am glad I did. That $100 deductable didn't even bother me. That was still $10K I did not have ready to buy a new car with. WOuld I have saved that up in addition to everything else had I not have insurance? Doubtful at best. What happens if someone is hurt in an accident and needs hundreds of thousands worth of medical treatment? I know I don't have that sitting around. Insurance is there to help you when you need it. Call it a scam if you like. Guess taxes are also......

You can also just leave and go to another country.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:43 PM

I was expecting a reply from Snoopy, not an invite to leave the country.
Where do you get off saying something like that off the cuff to an America citizen who has served his country and paid his dues?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:30 PM

The whole deductible is a way for the insurance company's to pay less.
They tell you your premium will be a lot less the bigger the deductible.
A $50.00 deductible will cost you maybe $20.00 more per year. But $50.00
is easier to come up with than $500.00 IMHO. My insurance company is always trying to get me to raise it but I will not do it.

MY

Alan

Quick Reply: punched in the nose..