Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/)
-   -   A real Derelict on cell phone rear ended RARE HHR! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/real-derelict-cell-phone-rear-ended-rare-hhr-12636/)

jeffs396 01-12-2008 10:12 PM

Hey Sindy, sorry to hear, glad you're OK! The HHR...not so! If you could stand to drive it damaged like that for a little while, I'm sure the SS facias will be available soon @ the parts counter. That would be a SWEET replacement, much smoother looking than stock! But then I guess you'd want to change the front cover...then...you know how it goes! Good luck! :smile:

TomsHHR 01-12-2008 10:51 PM

I can feel your pain there Sindy....

captain howdy 01-12-2008 10:59 PM

Ouch....Personally I'd let the insurance companies handle it and I wouldn't go aftermarket unless you plan on putting a full kit on.

ivtech 01-12-2008 11:32 PM

Sorry to hear that but glad that you and Ed are o.k.

JayKWills 01-12-2008 11:40 PM

Yes we're glad you guys are okay, and that there wasn't any more damage done than this. It could have been worse. But like the others said going through your insurance is always better for you! Hope everything works out for you.

doeppel 01-12-2008 11:47 PM

wow that is awful. Glad you are both OK. You need to have a body shop check it. I know from experience with our Sienna that inside the bumbers they have other pieces that may have been damaged. Get a full estimate (which means they may need to pull it apart) and if the kid doesnt pay the cash then turn it over to insurance....

jx3 01-13-2008 08:02 AM

Wow!! Imagine that......some one who agrees w/ CH!!:D

Originally Posted by captain howdy (Post 227884)
Ouch....Personally I'd let the insurance companies handle it and I wouldn't go aftermarket unless you plan on putting a full kit on.

Either factory replacement or whole kit.

Firewatcher 01-13-2008 08:40 AM

I'm quite surprised you didn't beat the snot out of him.

A. Have dealer check for any additional damage.

B. If you get enough to mod it, do it. If not, Casper gets a new OEM bumper cover.

C. Thank God you and Mr. B are alright!

GCarp 01-13-2008 02:50 PM

Sorry to hear that Sindy. Glad you both are ok. Most insurance companies require you to report an accident within 24 hours of the accident or else they'll wash their hands of it. Be careful of the whiplash thing. I got rear-ended while sitting still by a car going 45 mph. and he never braked. Totalled the car but I was ok. Didn't feel the neck pain until about 2 days later.

doeppel 01-29-2008 11:15 PM

Hey Sindy,

Whats the verdict on the damage?

I swear I have almost been hit 5 times in the last week. Just people being stupid and not paying attention.

one guy was backing out of a parking spot, at speed, as I was already driving past. I saw him coming, no one in front so I nailed it. I watched in my side view as he missed me by less than an inch. and this was about a 65 chevy truck. big thick steel bumpers...the HHR would have been toast...