War Stories HHR vs all

SS vs M3

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:12 PM

Lessee..20 some years on the dirt tracks....a few piddling around on drag strips..grew up around the mountains.....umm..a million or so miles in a big rig..yup, I know a small bit about holding a steerin wheel...you should see me balancing a tall Long Is Ice Tea in a hairpin!! THAT ought to give you grass kissers something to think about!!
Seriously though, besides not honoring my wishes to maintain, I wouldn't try that under any questionable circumstances, but I'm not ascared of my equipment either.I bought it to drive..if you only want to look at yours thats fine by me.....cheers!!
Road was straight..boring straight, and I doubt he was/could actually drive it for whats its worth,, in this world there are drivers... and there are passengers....
Old 11-12-2009, 06:58 AM

Sorry Woody, it's still a stupid thing to do no matter what mountain you were born on.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:57 PM

Then I better not mention al the 135+ runs Ive made...ok, I won't
Owning one of these and not driving it is like having a trophy girl on your arm and kissing her on the cheek every nite as you take her home...everynite. Whats the point of having it and not using it..? Show? I'm sure everybody here at one time or other has flat out tried to kill the speedo sometime in their lives...if not, then better fo own a minivan..
Old 11-17-2009, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Then I better not mention al the 135+ runs Ive made...ok, I won't
Owning one of these and not driving it is like having a trophy girl on your arm and kissing her on the cheek every nite as you take her home...everynite. Whats the point of having it and not using it..? Show? I'm sure everybody here at one time or other has flat out tried to kill the speedo sometime in their lives...if not, then better fo own a minivan..
Really depends where you open it up. I have a couple spots where it is open road and no other cars. Still, you never know what crap can be on a public road and at high speeds you may not survive hitting something. About 95% of the street racing videos I see on youtube are total idiots racing where there are other cars. These idiot drivers should be pulled from their cars and beat senseless with the Club.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:11 PM

Woody I got your back. These fools on here dont know what its like here on Delmarva. Speed limit says fifty five and if your going fifty five your ran off the road, cut off, honked at, and flipped off. So I say F*** it. I personally love opening up my SS to at least 100 every now and then. If someone has a problem with it let them come rip me out of my car. They'd have to catch me first. haha.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by outlandishhhr
...these losers on their phones...
You just described 90% of the BMW owners out there. Next time you see one, check to see if the driver isn't blabbing away taking care of some important "bidniz" instead of driving. I used to think M drivers were above that, and for the most part they are, but a while back I spotted an M5 hogging two lanes and sure enough, he had a phone glued to his face. I won't make any jokes about BMW standing for "bought my wife" one.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by acolddark0
If someone has a problem with it let them come rip me out of my car.
They have people paid to do that. Rip might be a bad word to use though.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/I...to-a_60429.htm
Old 11-19-2009, 10:06 PM

You have to remember something here.... just because I like to go fast doesn't mean I like to drive dangerously..I don't crazy things on the road..no cutoffs, no bumper drafts, no cutting in and out ( though all of those woud be easy enuf to do with this car..)
Just like to open her up now and then..more then though..anyways,if you wanna buy a 300 horse car and drive like its got 50, so be it..just don't be pissed when I pass you in a blur.....
Old 05-02-2010, 10:17 AM

old thread,but woody got a point. i bought it for performance. if i wanted to grandpa it,i would have gotten an lt or base model. i've made my needle disappear a few times. yes there is a time and place to do this.

as far as the m3,i believe this is VERY possible. just because it runs 12's doesn't mean we can't beat it. why??? i'm sure if the ss was rear or all wheel drive,we could EASILY run mid to high 13's. modified with the few parts out for the ss(tune,exhaust,dp,and ic) we should run mid to low 12's...IF we were rwd or awd. with that being said from a roll we are right there or /should be ahead.

one more thing....THIS IS A HHR VS THREAD...DON'T LIKE HIGH SPEED RUNS..STAY OUT!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:02 PM

Those who believe that traveling at a speed appropriate for conditions at all times will never win the argument against the folks who blindly follow the limit, so don't bother trying. At least DOT and NHTSA look like they are finally understanding that areas other than "speeding" are far more important to emphasize in reducing accident rates. Still, speeding tickets will always be the easiest form of money making for states, so enforcement will not go away. Personally there are local neighborhoods where it is posted 40 and 45 mph and I drive 35 or less, since I believe the posted speed to be too fast (so it works both ways). http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/26/2627.asp

Not unrealistic that the SS would be competitive with an older M3.

Last edited by c2vette; 05-02-2010 at 08:32 PM.