Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > General Discussion > General HHR > Lighter & Ashtray?
-

General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #1

Member #: 6102
Check out my gallery 
Lighter & Ashtray?

Ok, this is probably a dumb question but I'm stuck at work in the hospital, my car is a block away and it's bugging me. I know on my build sheet for my car it has the lighter/ashtray option listed in the codes. I know for a fact I don't have a lighter, it has what looks like the factory little black rubber nub cover for 12V spot. I did buy the car used, so I'm guessing someone could have taken the lighter and they just put the cover on, but where would the ashtray be? Is it built in somewhere or did it just come with one of those covered things that fits in the cupholder? I usually keep a couple of bucks in singles & in change in the ashtray incase my transponder doesn't work and I have to pay bridge toll. I do have change in the little cubby area in front of the shifter but would never put any paper money in that area unless I could cover it with something. I would love to have that place to stash any emergency $$. Thanks! (if this topic was already covered, sorry. For some reason when I try to do a search I get a "blocked content" message from the hospital server.)
NikiPowPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #2

Member #: 812
Check out my gallery 
The ashtray is just what you described. Once of those little black jobs that fits in the cupholder. My car didn't even list the Smokers Package, but the lighter was in the rear of the car with the license plate holder and the straps for the little cubbies behind the rear seats.
courthousedeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #3

Member #: 6102
Check out my gallery 
Thanks so much!
NikiPowPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:49 PM   #4

Member #: 5663
Check out my gallery 
Why not use the compartment in the middle of your dash for change and bills? It closes and hides anything in there. Push that buttom on top of dash and it will open up.

TIGGER
born 9/15/06 adopted 2/11/08
07 2lt
MODS:bumper pads,bumper protector,front window tint,window vents,chevy scripts on fenders,Tigger windshield banner,Tigger window decals, Tigger 3D rug,Chevy recall/head protector,Gutter lower grille,Chevy AC condes. protector,inside door scripts,chrome head/tail light rings,chrome door handle cups, To Be Continued......
mudd274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:49 PM

submit to reddit