General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

No HHR replacment Orlando not comming to US market.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:38 PM

I think the GMC Granite would be ideal. The others are to damn expensive.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:40 AM
geg

Today I went to an old acquaintances, Toyota dealership. Little work has led me. I was surprised - the whole showroom full of cars SEAT(new dealer agreement).
I began to examine these cars out of boredom. And one more surprise - a good car "ALTEA FREETRACK".

http://www.seatrus.ru/content/ru/bra...ons/style.html

I never called CEAT good, so was surprised.
He is very close to the HHR in their philosophy. Just look what a freaky, but the insides look like "sweet home". Excellent engine from Audi, 2-liter, turbocharged, soothed to 211 hp. Something between HHR LT and HHR SS. And most importantly - automatic four-wheel drive, what is missing from HHR.
If the U.S. sold this car - there is reason to see it closely. For those looking for a replacement, I think CEAT wins over Orlando.
However, I do not know the cost of consumables and parts. As a rule, Europeans look bad in this category.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Deceased

At one time Andrey there was some talk of SEAT coming to the U.S. But Volkswagen cancelled the idea because they didn't want to compete against themselves with vehicles made by their Spanish division.

SEAT cars have a fairly good reputation for quality and reliability, they are mainly Volkswagen cars after all, but they do have more adventurous styling. You would never see the Altea badged as a VW, its just to wild for the conservative Germans.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 PM
geg

Originally Posted by 843de
At one time Andrey there was some talk of SEAT coming to the U.S. But Volkswagen cancelled the idea because they didn't want to compete against themselves with vehicles made by their Spanish division.

SEAT cars have a fairly good reputation for quality and reliability, they are mainly Volkswagen cars after all, but they do have more adventurous styling. You would never see the Altea badged as a VW, its just to wild for the conservative Germans.
Well .. This is rational.
While in Europe the Volkswagen's brands peacefully coexist with each other. Marketers of Volkswagen have skillfully "divorced" sales so as to eliminate competition. Maybe they could do it in the U.S. in the future.
As for the conservatism of the Germans - very much doubt.
I've never been to Germany, but I've seen a lot of Germans in my life. Most of these meetings were stunning. You will be surprised, but four Germans are able to create such a noise that can not easily talk on the open! deck in the open! Sea. What do you think about German way of dressing? A few days ago I had an official visit by the director of a German firm. His name is Albert and he delivers the electrical components to the Urals. This guy was dressed in a red denim jacket, red silk shirt, his hair has been colored in yellow. When I was in the Kazan City, came to me two professors - representatives of the German clinic. It was a gray-haired mens (more 60 years), but they were so bright ties, that I almost went blind. I do not remember their faces. but I remember those crazy ties with painted roosters. My wife and son visited Germany several times. They say that pieces of iron and tattoos on their faces - a common occurrence even in elderly old women.
I do not criticize the Germans. Most of them - very nice people. Open and friendly. Of course, in their own country they have the right to live as they like.
Just an illustration - German conservatism goes down in history (or mythology).
Old 05-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Premium Member

Achtung! I think the Granite looks good, should come out in time to retire the SS into spouse service, translated to..under 3000 miles a year, just enough to keep the fluids moving. Hey BTW what does a Liberal look like ?
Old 05-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Deceased

The Granite is DOA, but there is word of a "leaner, meaner, more dynamic" Equinox MK III coming for 2014.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
The Granite is DOA, but there is word of a "leaner, meaner, more dynamic" Equinox MK III coming for 2014.
That is what I am hearing. They are moving the Nox off the Theta platform for a lighter platform.

I love my new Terrain but 4000 pounds is too heavy for this markets and moving forward.

GM also has to see an increase across the board in all the MPG of their vehicles. They are not going to be able to do it with smaller engines alone and weight will come into play.

I wonder if they will be moving it to the same platform the Trax is on. If they just enlarged it a little it would make a nice Chevy, We have one coming in this country just like the Chevy but it is the Buick Encore. Note these are based on the same platform the Granite was on.

The Trax may make it to Canada but it is pretty small.

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...aris-skip-u-s/
Old 05-25-2012, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sneezy
I think the GMC Granite would be ideal. The others are to damn expensive.

THey are all too expensive.

This year the average price paid for a new car just broke $30,000.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Deceased

Yup hyper, the "Nox" is being moved from the Theta platform to the Delta II platform used by the Cruze and its platform mates.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:10 AM
geg

Originally Posted by geg
Today I went to an old acquaintances, Toyota dealership. Little work has led me. I was surprised - the whole showroom full of cars SEAT(new dealer agreement).
I began to examine these cars out of boredom. And one more surprise - a good car "ALTEA FREETRACK".

http://www.seatrus.ru/content/ru/bra...ons/style.html

I never called CEAT good, so was surprised.
He is very close to the HHR in their philosophy. Just look what a freaky, but the insides look like "sweet home". Excellent engine from Audi, 2-liter, turbocharged, soothed to 211 hp. Something between HHR LT and HHR SS. And most importantly - automatic four-wheel drive, what is missing from HHR.
If the U.S. sold this car - there is reason to see it closely. For those looking for a replacement, I think CEAT wins over Orlando.
However, I do not know the cost of consumables and parts. As a rule, Europeans look bad in this category.
Just to continue ...
On Monday I took this Seat for a test drive. Just make sure that inside he is good, too.

Features:
Very high quality chair. Developed lateral support, orthopedic backrest, comfortable density of seats material. I felt like an astronaut.
The gas pedal - electronic. I first encountered it in a car, funny. There is a possibility kikdaun (transmission is reduced, I do not know how in English).
Transmission - automatic, tiptronic. On the steering wheel - "ears" to switch gears like on a racing car.
Interior - in philosophy and the size is very close to the HHR. Only a rag instead of leather and a lot of little easy stuff (pens for passengers, cases for glasses, etc.).

Dignity.
Acceleration to 100 km. for 7.7 seconds. How do you get the idea - I tested it myself, I was pleased dynamics. The manufacturer did not disappoint.
Suspension is powerful, but comfortable. I was flying "speed bumps" on the speed of 60 km / hour - hardly noticeable vibrations. I jump up to the curb as if it were a smooth ramp. How do they do it? VW just sold his soul to the devil, Hitler was a mediator with time of the transaction.
Automatic four-wheel drive - is there, but I did not feel it. If it is turned on, I did not notice it.
Powerful acceleration - from 1500 rpm! And up to the top! I've had it on the Audi, SEAT have the same engine (only weakened to 211 hp), but the dynamics of dispersal is not lost. Very correct and obliging turbine.
ABS - does not interfere in vain. He gently down to work at a time when the thought occurs to me: "ABC is broken." Also for the first time I see so smart ABC.
Parking sensors - as standard.

Disadvantages.
Very small mirrors. Rear view as through a keyhole.
An ordinary radio (though at an extra charge will establish media-system navigation, the manufacturer has provided this as an option).
Flimsy boot floor. I think it will not sustain 100 pounds.
A lot of weight. "Dry" weight - more than 1600 kg.
Thick A-pillars. However, the owners of the HHR used to it. Mention for the purity of the experiment.
Electronic accelerator - sleep at speeds up to 10 km / h. After this speed - no complaints.

The main advantage - IT INEXPENSIVE CAR! The top version / equipment - 1200000 rubles, or less 40,000 dollars. This is in Russia, where an obscene amount of customs duties.
Volkswagen must think about deliveries to the U.S..
Guys! You would have loved this car.
If my Hippo leave me, I'll take a SEAT.

PS Orlando also has in Russia. But GM is "castrated" him (why?). He listless and "sick". Engine 1.8 has shortness of breath, when it drags this "barn."