2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

"BSR vs. HPTuners"...the results are in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 AM

flaco is a nice guy and seems to know his stuff. however,i would like to try a dyno with better air flow around the engine bay. strictly is set up for mustangs and rwd vehicles. so that makes those vehicles face a more open air area than facing a wall that's about 1-2feet from your car.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 AM

your correct it will get better with colder air. the only problem is finding a place most dyno's are in the ground and they cant get under to strap them to the dyno. Thats why I went there to Strictly...Flaco said to come back last night around 830 and we could rerun it to see how the colder air would do...I said thats ok..next time...
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 AM

I really appreciate you guys doing this and posting all of the info. I think we will all learn from your experiences.

I don't think it will turn ugly, just some would have done it differently... For those of you, go ahead and do it your way and let us all know.

Bottom line is that these little cars can really make some fun power for a reasonable price. Maybe there is more power out there... Let's see it.

When all the dust settles, there are many of us out there (myself included) that are going to jump on the best of the best, or at least the most economical (bang for the buck).

Thanks again,
Old 10-08-2008, 09:08 AM

Exactly thats why I held out for H/P Tuners and as far as the exhaust or intercooler they can sit on the shelves that they are on until the prices drop...
Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 AM

gcsd and mighty. Are you guys going to be in S.A. on the 12th? SnapOn is having Leasing the S.A. Raceway all day for their customers. Free racing. Was wondering if you would make it. Also if you're in the area, you should give Corey a call at Henderson Perfromance in New Braunfels. He has 2 dynos (1 for AWD). Both are full open air systems that allow airflow to the intercooler FWR or RWD. Just thought I'd throw that in.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:33 AM

More information is needed here Phone numbers and addresses... I'll be in San Antonio on Thurs. leaving on Sun.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
i can see this is about to turn ugly.

for people that bought or will buy the hpt there are pros and cons and the same with the bsr.

pros for hpt- cost of the tune(more on this later), the ability to get the most power from your car.
This is argueable and I would think BSR has the advantage here since they can access and change all aspects of the code. Add a greater understanding of the code and the arguement is stronger for BSR.

<snip>.....the other con is,there are people on this board(not you eric) and all over the usa that think because they have a lap top and a tuning program,they are brian o'conner and can tune a car. we will see how long the lnf will last with them.
Come on, do tell. If your calling someone out, name names.

<snip>...all in all,both tunes do the same thing.until proven or other parameters open up the hpt is not that much different from bsr. the price of the tunes will be the same or hpt might be slighty more. depends on who you know with a dyno or you know how to tune. i understand the hpt have/is a canned tune. so there is really no difference,but $300,if you don't go in and adjust.
It's less the available parameters and more of understanding the methodology and technology. GDI engines operate differently than PFI engines which adds to the complexity.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:12 PM

So do tell us then....What are our options? sit and wait? LOL all I can say is I'm happy with what I got already. I do NEED to remove that CATALYTIC CONVERTER man running it yesterday on the dyno was putting out a bad ammonia smell
Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
So do tell us then....What are our options? sit and wait?
That's a rhetorical question, you know the options. One requires only money while the other requires knowldege and money. Evaluate which path is best for you and take it.

From a performance perspective, it's a win-win decision.

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
LOL all I can say is I'm happy with what I got already. I do NEED to remove that CATALYTIC CONVERTER man running it yesterday on the dyno was putting out a bad ammonia smell
I never said you were unhappy, keep tweaking there's more there.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:42 PM

bsr can update the tune and we can get it from them. the difference is the hpt guys don't have to wait,well in a way they do,but don't.

Quick Reply: "BSR vs. HPTuners"...the results are in!!!