2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Has anyone posted the instructions that come with the kit?
I've got a PDF copy of the original instructions with the original flaws. It appears this board is set up to only allow attachments in certain sections, so let me know where to post it up, and I'll be happy to.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by mistermike
I've got a PDF copy of the original instructions with the original flaws. It appears this board is set up to only allow attachments in certain sections, so let me know where to post it up, and I'll be happy to.
PM sent.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:34 AM

Mine took only 2.0 hours to install because the dealer gave the job to a guy that knows his business. Also, all instructions were handed to the tech and talked about for 30 minutes with him and the service tech. It helped build a report with all of them and we all understood what it took to perform the job. I was the first and it went flawless. Don't hand it to the Dealer and take off. Stay there and talk about the kit and make sure to have all instructions and updates.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:28 AM

Got a quote of 2 hrs for the install from a dealership in Ont. Canada. $130/hr labour is this a correct rate for Ont. Canada?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
Got a quote of 2 hrs for the install from a dealership in Ont. Canada. $130/hr labour is this a correct rate for Ont. Canada?
2hrs is fine but the rate is high. im sure there are reasons for it.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:58 PM

Service Forum Tips for Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade #PIP4551

Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
Due to the Holiday shutdown a bulletin will not get out until after January 5th. However, the information has been posted on the dealer forum (similar to this except for dealer service info). Have you dealer go to this site for assistance with the install instructions (it is restricted to dealers only):

http://service-gm-forum.com/techforu...howtopic=27213

Bill
Here is the text of the link:

#PIP4551: Installation Tips Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - keywords accessory air boost CAC cal calibration cel charge control cooler driveability DTC ECM engine gas leak inf low MAF MAP MIL P0642 P0193 performance - (Jan 7, 2009)

Subject: Installation Tips Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade

Models: 2008-2009 Chevrolet HHR SS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A technician may comment that DTC's (P0642 / P0193) may set after installing the Performance Parts accessory upgrade Stage I Turbo kit. They may report the vehicles will crank but not start and they have rechecked their installation with no problems found.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Due to differences in the new sensors and wiring harness colors between vehicle models some confusion may occur when installing the new TMAP sensors. The following may help.

The technician may mistake the intake manifold TMAP sensor with the Charge air pipe TMAP sensor which is located on the charge air pipe from the turbocharger. This may lead to the technician rewiring the sensor for the wrong location.
The technician may be confused at steps #4 and #10 where they are to rewire the new sensors. Due to production differences the wire colors do not correspond to those found on the vehicle. In addition eSI documents for the 2008-09 HHR may not be correct for these circuits. (eSI change request has been submitted) This may cause the technician to install the pigtail incorrectly. To remedy this concern match the production terminal to the provided terminal. (Pin to pin) Follow these charts below from the installation instructions for reference. (Production wire colors omitted)

INTAKE MANIFOLD TMAP SENSOR WIRING

Production Terminal Location A/1
New Wire Color White
New Terminal Location 3

Production Terminal Location B/2
New Wire Color White
New Terminal Location 1

Production Terminal Location C/3
New Wire Color White
New Terminal Location 4

Pin # 2 is not used; cover and tape back the white wire.

CHARGE AIR PIPE TMAP SENSOR WIRING

Production Terminal Location A
New Wire Color White
New Terminal Location 1

Production Terminal Location B
New Wire Color White
New Terminal Location 2

Production Terminal Location C
New Wire Color White
New Terminal Location 3

Production Terminal Location D
New Wire Color White
New Terminal Location 4

Note: When installing the TMAP sensor on the Charge air pipe the technician may notice interference between the pipe and the new sensor. This has been addressed in PIC5062, which details removing a boss from the sensor to allow proper alignment.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:54 PM

1 hour install time

Originally Posted by XXL
Any documentation that mentions that "1 hour" estimated install time?
The only documentation on the 1 hour install time was in the original press release. The GM parts system now shows a 1.2 hr install time when the dealer looks up the part number.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
The only documentation on the 1 hour install time was in the original press release. The GM parts system now shows a 1.2 hr install time when the dealer looks up the part number.
Do the instructions now inform the tech that removing the IC pipe will assist in getting this install done?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Do the instructions now inform the tech that removing the IC pipe will assist in getting this install done?
Probably not Mgr. You don't need to remove the pipe. But if you want a verification that the sensor is mounted flat I recomend it.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by mistermike
Install yours yet????

Quick Reply: GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit