2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
When the back ordered kits ship the instructions will be updated with all the information that was posted on this site.

Well this is somewhat good news. Now if they could just figure out the problem with the brake fix combined with the stage kit. Maybe by the time I have the extra $$$ they will have it all worked out
Old 02-20-2009, 09:07 AM

I don't have a confirmed date yet. In my opinion it will most likely be sometime late next week
Thanks for the info!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:34 AM

brake fix combined with the stage kit

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Well this is somewhat good news. Now if they could just figure out the problem with the brake fix combined with the stage kit. Maybe by the time I have the extra $$$ they will have it all worked out

There doesn't seem to be a problem if you have the brake fix installed before the kit. The problem seems to be getting the correct calibration if you get the brake fix after you get the calibration. It is being worked on and if it has not already been resolved it will be soon. HHR SS Automatic Stage kit and Brake fix calibration part number is: 12632388
Old 02-20-2009, 02:14 PM

My HHR had the upgraded brake calibration applied but hasn't been upgraded with the Vacuum pump. I read in another thread that the Stage kit isn't supported yet when the vacuum pump is installed. Are there two separate issues?

I'd really like to buy the Stage kit and get it installed before springtime. There are two issues that I have so far. First, it seems there are still a couple open issues regarding the Stage kit and the brakes on the Automatic HHR that need to be resolved. The other problem is finding a dealer that has performed the Stage kit installation (or at least wants to install it). I talked with one local dealer and they said they shied away from installing the stage kits and didn't really want to do it.

I have a 2008 HHR SS with an Automatic and am in the Detroit area. Does GM need another 2008 HHR as a test case??
Old 02-20-2009, 02:29 PM

Have you tried Rinke or Moran?
Old 02-20-2009, 02:40 PM

Hello Dennis,

I have talked to Moran but they didn't really want to install the Stage kit. It's ok and I'd rather have them tell me up front. They have done some warranty work on my HHR and so far the service there has been excellent. No complaints.

I'd like to find a dealer that has done the Stage kits already and is comfortable with the installation. Since I haven't bought the kit yet I haven't tried talking to any other dealers. Once I get closer to making a purchase I will definitely try calling other dealers. I hope by then any odd issues with the upgrade and brake upgrades will be resolved by then.

Rinke isn't too far from home and may be a good choice. I may also try Mike Savio at the Troy motor mall since it is near work and I can drop it off at lunchtime or on the way to work. There is also Hamilton and Buff Whelan as other choices. Has anyone had their kits installed at any of these dealers?

Robert
Old 02-20-2009, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by robotworkshop
Hello Dennis,

I have talked to Moran but they didn't really want to install the Stage kit. It's ok and I'd rather have them tell me up front. They have done some warranty work on my HHR and so far the service there has been excellent. No complaints.

I'd like to find a dealer that has done the Stage kits already and is comfortable with the installation. Since I haven't bought the kit yet I haven't tried talking to any other dealers. Once I get closer to making a purchase I will definitely try calling other dealers. I hope by then any odd issues with the upgrade and brake upgrades will be resolved by then.

Rinke isn't too far from home and may be a good choice. I may also try Mike Savio at the Troy motor mall since it is near work and I can drop it off at lunchtime or on the way to work. There is also Hamilton and Buff Whelan as other choices. Has anyone had their kits installed at any of these dealers?

Robert
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...28&postcount=1

Try Looking here for other people in Michigan who have had Stage kits installed. I have my kit I'm waiting for the weather to break and then I will be on the search of a dealer to do my install. More_Torque_More_HP suggested Rinke and Moran, I bought cars/trucks from both dealers but have yet to contact either.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:43 PM

If you ever come near Indy

I know a dealer that didn't have any issues fixing mine, and claim to have done a bunch of them.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:03 PM

Tom from crateenginedepot says he's hoping to start shipping again Friday, for anyone who's on back order with them.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Banned

There doesn't seem to be a problem if you have the brake fix installed before the kit. The problem seems to be getting the correct calibration if you get the brake fix after you get the calibration. It is being worked on and if it has not already been resolved it will be soon. HHR SS Automatic Stage kit and Brake fix calibration part number is: 12632388

Here is a direct link since searching for the part number does not turn up anything on crateenginedepot

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...0-P2292C0.aspx

Quick Reply: GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit