2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:01 AM

HHR Kit with a vacuum pump

Originally Posted by 06AmethystHHR
Here is a direct link since searching for the part number does not turn up anything on crateenginedepot

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...0-P2292C0.aspx
Sorry if there was some confusion. The part number would not show up on Crate engine Depot's site. This is the calibration part number that the dealer needs to ask for if the 2008 HHR SS automatic has the brake vacuum pump fix and is getting the kit. 12632388
Old 02-26-2009, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
There doesn't seem to be a problem if you have the brake fix installed before the kit. The problem seems to be getting the correct calibration if you get the brake fix after you get the calibration. It is being worked on and if it has not already been resolved it will be soon. HHR SS Automatic Stage kit and Brake fix calibration part number is: 12632388
Sorry if there was some confusion. The part number would not show up on Crate engine Depot's site. This is the calibration part number that the dealer needs to ask for if the 2008 HHR SS automatic has the brake vacuum pump fix and is getting the kit. 12632388

You seem to contradict yourself in these two posts. Is this calibration part needed if the Stage Kit is done before, or after, the brake fix is installed?

Thanks,
Old 02-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by CGYHHRSS
You seem to contradict yourself in these two posts. Is this calibration part needed if the Stage Kit is done before, or after, the brake fix is installed?

Thanks,
That is the calibration part number we used when the vehicle has both kits.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:53 AM

Brake Fix & Stage Kits

Originally Posted by CGYHHRSS

Thanks,
That is the correct part number for an HHR with the Brake fix. The issue is that to get a kit calibration down load you need the serialized instruction sheet. These serial numbers are good for a single use/ single VIN. There is some internal finesse of the system that needs to occur to allow a second kit calibration download to a vehicle that already has one. The end customer should not see the difference but the dealer and the Technical Assistant network need to work it out.

It works a lot smoother if the brake fix is installed first, that's all.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:05 PM

That is the correct part number for an HHR with the Brake fix. The issue is that to get a kit calibration down load you need the serialized instruction sheet. These serial numbers are good for a single use/ single VIN. There is some internal finesse of the system that needs to occur to allow a second kit calibration download to a vehicle that already has one. The end customer should not see the difference but the dealer and the Technical Assistant network need to work it out.

It works a lot smoother if the brake fix is installed first, that's all.
Ok gotcha..so if the stage kit was installed first, pcm flashed, and then the brake kit was installed, pcm flashed again, it would cause issues with the stage kit and the stage kit would need to be flashed...again. Makes sense.

Now halfway there...brake kit installed!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Banned

crap, i will need to hurry up and get that brake kit installed. i had the pleasure of the spongy brakes this morning when I left for work.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:29 PM

When the back ordered kits ship the instructions will be updated with all the information that was posted on this site.
The new instructions would be good to have, when you get a chance to post.
Thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 05:42 PM

Just ordered my kit can't bloody wait!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 01:57 PM

2009 GMPP Turbo Upgrade Kit is now available. 19212670 can now be used on 2009 MY HHR SS, Solstice GXP/Sky Redline. Spread the word please. The back orders will be filled soon.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:50 PM

2009 GMPP Turbo Upgrade Kit is now available. 19212670 can now be used on 2009 MY HHR SS, Solstice GXP/Sky Redline. Spread the word please. The back orders will be filled soon.
Mine's been on back order for a while now through CED, every time I email them I am told the back orders haven't been filled and they keep getting empty promises of getting them in stock.

Quick Reply: GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit