2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

hhr ss with the most hp is....

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
in twenty years maybe... Just wait, you won't get younger thats for sure. Oh and demographics put most twenty-four year olds still living at home, so just wait till that disposable cash goes bye-bye with things like, house, wife, kids, etc.... and last time I checked mid-thirties ain't old.
oh yea i know i'm not getting younger. i'm getting married in 3 months so i'll be in the same boat as most of the members on here. i'm actually 26, but yes i do still live with the parents but only because it saves me money (5 minutes from work, no point in paying rent or picking up a mortgage just yet). as for kids, meh, i'll stick to my massive yellow lab

i'm just teasing about y'all being old.

Praise anyone in this economy who can dump cash away on their DD. there will be plenty more 400HP SS in the future, especially once someone makes an intake, and someone takes the leap with the (auto) and puts red pads in the tranny. Plus hafl-shafts above that HP are super expensive(CF).
an intake isn't needed to make 400hp on this platform. save some money and just wrap the air box & intake tube in that heat foil stuff. the stock intake setup is already pulling cooler air from the fender well.

ZZP has an auto trans in there turbo swapped LSJ car, it's pushing something like 800whp or something stupid like that. maybe hit them up to see what they've done to it.

For our cars to hit 400HP, the minimum (I'm guessing here) investment is around 5-7 grand, with everything involved. That is not a ton of money, but the majority will not invest that in something that will not give a good return, and once at that HP, what happens next is the continous upgrade of other parts as they start to go... Now were talking internals, more cash...
maybe for an auto trans car, but for the manuals it would only take $3k tops and that's including a clutch setup.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:38 AM

Woah now with the demographic thing here!

Im twenty three! (I bought it when I was 21) LOL, I love the look of the LS/LT HHRs because I love old hotrods! However the HHR was a compromise in practicallity, performance, and I was tired of working on my own car for everything so having a warrenty helped with my decision too.

I catch ALOT and I mean ALOT of flack for the wagon, but my friends agree the car is a fun ride.... even if they think its fugly.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:49 AM

Well I'm only 28, but I think the main reason why there aren't many high hp hhr is because most are still under warranty and most people probably don't want to start voiding it out so fast. I have a 2010 SS and I really don't plan on doing anything real major till the warranty is up. Yes, and when you do have kids and a house mortgage, those usually come first before any mods.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

Fastest timeslip ive seen wat by Steve from Genuine SAAB. He ran a 13.01 bolted and tuned on stock turbo.. go on youtube and type in worlds fastest HHR the video is pretty old
Old 08-04-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
oh yea i know i'm not getting younger. i'm getting married in 3 months so i'll be in the same boat as most of the members on here. i'm actually 26, but yes i do still live with the parents but only because it saves me money (5 minutes from work, no point in paying rent or picking up a mortgage just yet). as for kids, meh, i'll stick to my massive yellow lab

i'm just teasing about y'all being old.

an intake isn't needed to make 400hp on this platform. save some money and just wrap the air box & intake tube in that heat foil stuff. the stock intake setup is already pulling cooler air from the fender well.

ZZP has an auto trans in there turbo swapped LSJ car, it's pushing something like 800whp or something stupid like that. maybe hit them up to see what they've done to it.

maybe for an auto trans car, but for the manuals it would only take $3k tops and that's including a clutch setup.
i disagree with ya rally on the 3k part.
my spec st 3 was $750 labor $1000
hahn ic-700-800
hahn ic piping-$430ish
hahn dp-$350ish
hahn exhaust-$500ish
pedders-$300
hahn tune-1000(i was one of the first and wanted power right away lol)
trifecta-$600ish
sts-??? $160???

we have not gotten into the the bigger turbo kit and tuning yet so add anywhere between $1200-$5000

oh and 36 years old here. was 33 when i got it.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 PM

Oh sigh, "old guy" here! I'm 37 and have the fam and mtge payments lol. BUT I can't drive a stock car either lol. At the moment I've got most if not all the bolt ons for an auto SS and I have to say that I can see myself dumping more money into my SS. Funny thing is I vowed to keep this car "stock" since my last car was a modding money pit (loads of FUN but a money pit nonetheless). I'd be happy with 350ish at the wheels but again the auto tranny's the limiting factor for me. I'd love to get ZZP's EFR and cam setup (I'm a sucker for a sexy lope in an exhaust note haha). We'll see

Later
Allex
Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 843de
One advantage of "old age" is the ability to afford nice toys, my SS has this under the hood so PFFTTTT!
You are calling 40 old guess Me an Moon must be fossils. Good thing HHR's are easy to get in and out of, just pull the Hoveround up next to it and step in.

Mike, thats a nice, rare, Big, black,Beast. but do you think it can catch one of these SS's over 300hp, I would trade you two of my cars for the Black Beast, but I don't think it could catch me,can it ?? Is it senility setting in ??
Old 08-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mightymouse
hahn ic-700-800
hahn ic piping-$430ish
hahn dp-$350ish
hahn exhaust-$500ish
pedders-$300
trifecta-$600ish
sts-??? $160???

we have not gotten into the the bigger turbo kit and tuning yet so add anywhere between $1200-$5000

you overpaid man by a lot

Hypersingle installed- $1300
Tune- $250
Turboback- $600
Intercoler- $200
Piping hot and coldside- $350

Total of performance mods is $2700

Im not counting the rims or suspension because that doesnt make me go fast lol
Old 08-04-2011, 01:18 PM

I found an AARP card in my HHR the first time I took it out.

It only had 27 miles on it then.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
hahn ic-700-800
hahn ic piping-$430ish
hahn dp-$350ish
hahn exhaust-$500ish
pedders-$300
trifecta-$600ish
sts-??? $160???

my bad, i wasn't taking it from a stock stand point. i was thinking of what i already have and what i would need to make it happen.

it cost me $500 to have a clutch installed on my old Cobalt SS/SC.

Hahn parts are way over priced, tons of better parts for less money.

no thanks on Trifecta tune, a custom HPTuners tune will be less money and better results.

oh and you have a couple parts listed that have nothing to do with getting to that 400hp mark (sts & springs). the Hahn tune was a waste of money too.