2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Intercooler piping

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 AM

I run DEJON piping with t-clamp and couplers since two year and no issue at all.Price is good and quality too.Fit like a glove.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Omnigear
hahn is overpriced to begin with >_<
Look at their site. They have lowered prices way down.

Sorry your parts and customer service with hahn sucked. Never had an issue with my parts and Aubry usually gets back to me within a few hours when I have a question.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Miltown SS
I bought a set of Hahn charge pipes about a month ago and the lower pipe did not fit at all. I had the pipe installed at a reputable tuner shop and they had to cut the end off the pipe and fab a new piece. Hahn customer service IS NON EXISTENT. After several weeks of being ignored with their tech ticket system I called and spoke to a sales person who said he would forward my email to Bill personaly and guess what NOTHING! Hahn is a joke with no way to get a hold of them if something goes wrong. Just sayin beware if you go the Hahn route the parts might not even fit and then what are you supposed to do when you paid someone to take apart your car? I wish I had taken recommendations to go the ZZP route. I have the Hahn intercooler as well and they don't even supply stronger intercooler mounts.
If you can't get in touch with anyone, pm me your info and I'll personally make sure Bill gets it. I'm over there often. I have been helping him put up a fence at his house.

I don't have any pics of my pipe, I left my car with Bill to get it reworked when it didn't fit.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Evad
I just ordered a set of Hahn IC Pipes last week. I'll give them a call Monday to be sure that what they are going to send me will clear the 3-Bar sensor.

I'll let ya know what they say about this matter.
I talked to the people at Hahn today regarding the Intercooler Pipes I have on order. I was told that they will be shipping my pipes probably in early January because they have a new design that will ensure that there is no issue with the 3-Bar Sensor.

They are aware of the issue and the pipes they are sending me were specifically designed for the Automatic transmission car with the 3-Bar sensor. I was also told that this new design will be made out of aluminum instead of steel.

I am a little disappointed because I bought into the concept that steel will not absorb the under hood heat as fast as aluminum. I was thinking of wrapping the pipes with Dynamat to insulate them anyway so I guess I’ll be doing that for sure now.

In regards to customer service I could not be happier. The very nice fellow I spoke to, and told him my concerns, assured me they had the situation under control and even called me back TWICE in just a few minutes regarding another minor issue I had.

I’m sorry to hear of the trouble being had by someone else on here with Hahn but I sure am happy with them, other the changing the piping from steel to aluminum.

I took advantage of the sale and paid $249.00 for the pipes and I’m happy with that
Old 12-03-2012, 10:11 PM

I held off on the intercool pipes, and went with the race exhaust. I know most of you will say bad idea but i love exhaust sound with turbo. Its going to be very loud i'm guessing but its just in my natural to be loud. I shall see in a day or two when it gets here.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by 10RedSS
I held off on the intercool pipes, and went with the race exhaust. I know most of you will say bad idea but i love exhaust sound with turbo. Its going to be very loud i'm guessing but its just in my natural to be loud. I shall see in a day or two when it gets here.
I would say its a great idea, for performance and sound(if you like em loud). I bought mine cuz I was replacing intercooler and I figured may as well take all the plastic crap off while I have the bumper off. And the look better too.

I will soon be upgrading to a upper Ic pipe that goes directly over the valve cover and will help with qicker spool. This pipe will only work if you don't have the stock air box in place. Here is what I'm talkin bout...

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/...air_intake.php
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by XtremeSS
I would say its a great idea, for performance and sound(if you like em loud). I bought mine cuz I was replacing intercooler and I figured may as well take all the plastic crap off while I have the bumper off. And the look better too.

I will soon be upgrading to a upper Ic pipe that goes directly over the valve cover and will help with qicker spool. This pipe will only work if you don't have the stock air box in place. Here is what I'm talkin bout...

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/...air_intake.php
I read about the short Upper Pipe and their Air Intake system and if I had not just invested in a K & N system I probably would have went that way. I like the concept of a shorter pipe after the Intercooler and they claim it made 6-HP more then their standard Intercooler pipe.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 PM

i got my hahn stuff in the begining (08) and so far the service and craftsmanship has held up VERY well. took the parts off my hhr ss and everything bolted right on to the cobalt.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:25 PM

Have a friend who got turbo xs full pipes and intercooler for 450 shipped direct from turbo xs. Thats a hell of a deal.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:48 PM

has anyone used one of those way cheaper universal intercooler piping kits?

Quick Reply: Intercooler piping