2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Interesting message today from GM

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by AaronSS
I'm still fascinated by the way the subject is worded, and whether or not the ambiguous adjective "turbo" refers to "LNF" or "upgrade." In other words, is this a "turbo upgrade" or some random bolt on upgrade for the "LNF turbo" motor? The latter is more likely, but one can dream...

**EDIT**

Also, 30hp... Stage 1 maybe?
Answer to my first email asking what this meant:

This is for a kit that we are getting ready to release for the Sky Redline, Solstice GXP, HHR SS, Cobalt SS, and Ion Redline. It will be a turbo upgrade kit for all of the 2.0l Turbo LNF engines. It will raise the HP on these cars from 260-290hp. Keep watching for the release.

I then asked was this stage 1 and would other stages be released?

The email answer back was:

There is only one stage planned at this point.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by caponecar
magnuson-moss act
check it out
Stop worrying about your warranty, have fun with your car...
do the after market stuff!
make it hot!
and then when Chevy dealerships come at you tell em
"read it and wee..no better yet read it and fix that sh*t!"
glad i could help!

*have you ever seen a chevy with the butterfly doors? i have...i own one:)

easier said then done......... son has a uplander, that under warranty that GM didnt have a fix for...... now that they do...... still having issues with GM....

BUT I SURE WISH IT WAS THAT EASY
Old 09-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by caponecar
magnuson-moss act
check it out
Stop worrying about your warranty, have fun with your car...
do the after market stuff!
make it hot!
and then when Chevy dealerships come at you tell em
"read it and wee..no better yet read it and fix that sh*t!"
glad i could help!

*have you ever seen a chevy with the butterfly doors? i have...i own one:)
Dealers wont' be the final say on denial of warranty. GM and their 500 attorneys will be. Dealers will submit for indemnification and GM will then take over from there. Also once a customer retains an lawyer dealers must stop all work and the vehicle gets parked on the back lot or the customer picks it up. Then maybe a couple of years later it gets settled.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Answer to my first email asking what this meant:

This is for a kit that we are getting ready to release for the Sky Redline, Solstice GXP, HHR SS, Cobalt SS, and Ion Redline. It will be a turbo upgrade kit for all of the 2.0l Turbo LNF engines. It will raise the HP on these cars from 260-290hp. Keep watching for the release.

I then asked was this stage 1 and would other stages be released?

The email answer back was:

There is only one stage planned at this point.
**EDIT** I need to watch my mouth.

Last edited by AaronSS; 09-18-2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Cause I said something stupid.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member

Dealers wont' be the final say on denial of warranty. GM and their 500 attorneys will be. Dealers will submit for indemnification and GM will then take over from there. Also once a customer retains an lawyer dealers must stop all work and the vehicle gets parked on the back lot or the customer picks it up. Then maybe a couple of years later it gets settled.

Thanks, ChevyMgr....

This is the idea I tried to express many times, when people quote the MM Act. IT IS NOT THE BIBLE.

As I stated in another thread and post...I've represented GM in a specific situation as you described above and that is exactly what happened. Additionally when the claimant/owner pursued the matter even further, GM seized the vehicle under court order, as evidence. It took about a year and GM won. Remember, you're probably making payments, or filing banruptcy, while GM has your vehicle.

If you win the case, you'll be smiling handsomely. But if you loose you will be poorer and/or SOL.

I'm not saying it happens frequently.....but it does happen. Why take the chance because the odds are not in your favor.

Just food for thought for the "Jesus freeks" that preach the MM Act and for those people that wish to believe the "gossip interpetation" without checking what it absolutely entails.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:50 PM
XXL

No No No....
I wasn't THAT far off to get _3_ "no's"...
Old 09-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by XXL
I wasn't THAT far off to get _3_ "no's"...
Sorry, my daughter just turned 12 yesterday and I hate that she has grown up too fast. I was reverting back to some of my first conversations with her. You know she would do something and I would say no No NO!!! I even bought her a T-Shirt when she was a toddler that said "I Think My Name Is No No"
Old 09-17-2008, 05:59 PM

Please let us know when this "upgrade" is released since I will be first in line to get it, assuming the cost is not unreasonable. I am geeked that I can soon get an additional 30hp and keep my warranty.

SPPD
Old 09-17-2008, 06:03 PM
XXL

Sorry, my daughter just turned 12 yesterday and I hate that she has grown up too fast. I was reverting back to some of my first conversations with her. You know she would do something and I would say no No NO!!! I even bought her a T-Shirt when she was a toddler that said "I Think My Name Is No No"
PM me your address and I'll send you my 12-year-old... she knows everything ("I know, daaaddd!"). That way you can have twice the fun (and I can have zero). Based on my rattletrap ride home from work today, I may throw in a free HHR SS.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:55 PM

Please let us know as soon as you have pricing! And do you know if this is just a tune or is any hardware actually upgraded? Thanks for sharing this fantastic news!!!

Quick Reply: Interesting message today from GM