2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Okay, I give up!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:37 PM

Update on Stage 1

Well, we're gradually creeping on it. Part is on a FedEx truck on its way from North Carolina; should be here today. Local Chevy dealers are now vying to do the install job but I think we're dealing with on-the-job training, something I'm not willing contribute to. I have family in San Diego county so I'm sniffing out the suggestions from the nether region. Push comes to shove, I'll toss the upgrade in the back and run it over to Phoenix to a GMPP dealer over there. I'll likely need to blow some carbon out anyway after the install.

Thanks to all the collaborators!

John
Old 11-12-2009, 04:55 PM

Do let us know your impressions once you get the upgrade installed. I'm sure you'll be in love (again!).

Later
Allex
Old 11-12-2009, 06:16 PM

Update #2

Asanti,
Will do. FedEx placed the bad boy upgrade in my hot little hands yesterday and now the fun begins. From what I can see from the installation instructions, with exception of the ECM flash, this is a piece of cake. Or not.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:46 PM

I think its ok if you tech is good, my only prob was with the update....i got their late on a friday and had to wait till monday to get it done, they said that it some times takes a while for GM to send the update so they had it all day, but they did rent me a loaner....GoodLuck!!! I'm shure you'll love it
Old 11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Founding Member

I get the customer to give me the code number over the phone and call it in before hand so when the HHR gets here, we are ready to roll.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:04 PM

The flash on mine seemed to take only about 15 minutes. I was there when he was going through the selections. and from the time he took it out of the bay.

but like I said the lower sensor was the PIA
Old 11-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by stephenm
The flash on mine seemed to take only about 15 minutes. I was there when he was going through the selections. and from the time he took it out of the bay.
The programming is quick, it's getting TAC to load the VIN with the new program so it can be downloaded that takes time. It's done over the phone and normally you hold for ten minutes and then a recording comes on for you to leave a message for a call back. The call back could be hours later. I just hang up and call it again, over and over until I get a live person. And it's not just stage kits we go through this on. Many accessories/repairs have to be turned on by GM with a VCIM number.

Amen to that brother.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:14 AM

Does anyone have a picture or schematic of where the lower sensor's located?? I haven't had much time (or reason ) to get under the SS. I want to make sure it's not hitting the A/C lines and that it has the convoluted tubing to protect the wiring. If it doesn't I can wrap it + protect it to prevent any issues.

Thanks
Allex
Old 11-16-2009, 10:53 PM

The install manual is only five pages and has a bunch of diagrams. I could scan and send no problem. I've also ordered the service manual (sorry, anal retentive) and can scan the relevant parts if needed. Let me know where to send the jpeg files. In the meantime, my local Chevy service rep thinks the upgrade is no big deal while the tech is scratching his nuts. Thinking about Selman in OC or Baker in SD. As I mentioned before, the wiring is straight forward swaps of gray, orange and green for white. Re-wrapping the wiring harness looks easy. Flashing the ECM requires two codes from the kit, the VIN, and someone from GMPP staring into a Magic 8 ball on the telephone. Sort of like birthing a kid or catching a marlin. Thanks again to everyone for the help and to ChevyMgr for the nitro kick.
John

John
Old 11-16-2009, 11:38 PM

I also printed out page 4 of this

http://www.sandyblogs.com/techlink/t...k_April_09.pdf

and brought it to the dealer

Quick Reply: Okay, I give up!