2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Superchips review

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 02:51 PM

Superchips review

I purchased a superchips cortex 2950 programmer for my 08 SS auto. I didn't find a review on here so i figured i would do one. i have had the programmer about 10 days

The company I bought it from was autoanything.com. I have also purchased a Jet stage 2 chip (which i returned) and a cold air intake for my old HHR. They have had great service and fast shipping. they had free next day shipping on the programmer which was pretty cool.

The box arrived on time and was packaged well. I paid $379.99 all togther.

The Programmer was very easy to use and hook up. On screen directions walked me through everything. after about 15 minutes the new tune was loaded and i was ready to go.

I did have damp roads the first day but i immediately noticed a difference without beating on the car. even at moderate acceleration the boost pressure much more than stock. boost has been around 20-22 PSI at WOT. 1st gear was a big difference from stock. it is hard to keep traction all the way through 1st. 2nd gear is equally impressive, with enough power to lose traction at 40MPH. I haven't gone fast enough to see what 3rd or 4th would do at WOT. but slight acceleration on the thruway seems a bit better and shows more boost than stock.

The programmer itself has a lot of cool features. I haven't even messed with all of them yet. you can track everything from your speed and engine RPMs to catalyst temperature and intake temperature. it seems almost everthing enigne related can be tracked on the unit. i personally found the difference with intake temperature. i have had the filter lid off for a while and decided to keep an eye on intake temp. then today i put the lid back on and noticed a significant difference. i am gonna post a thread on the temp difference but it was huge in certain situations. i am very pleased with the performance end of the unit.

now for gas mileage.....I hadn't tracked fuel economy before i had the tune so i dont have any "before" numbers. i can report that i averaged 26.4 MPGs with a 50/50 mix of city/highway driving. i think thats not much better than stock but o dont know.

all in all it was worth the money for me and performs well.

hopefully this helps
Old 04-11-2012, 02:11 PM

Great write up !
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 PM

I've wondered if it was worth it. Your review put me over the edge. I too run an SS automatic, and I'm ready for some more punch. I put an electric exhaust cut-out on my SS Panel, so it has a throaty howl at WOT. The reprogramming should add to the fun.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:10 AM

Still would love to see what this would run against one with the GMTU