2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Trifecta Performance Tune installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:03 AM

So, what if you already have the GM Tune? Will the Trifecta make these same numbers? Can you apply the Trifecta tune on top of the GM Tune and still revert back?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by DMarotta
So, what if you already have the GM Tune? Will the Trifecta make these same numbers? Can you apply the Trifecta tune on top of the GM Tune and still revert back?
I don't know that answer. Upon my initial thought, I would think that the tune would not help you as it sets the numbers for air flow to the same thing whether you have the GM tune or not. Also, I am not sure that Vince has a tune with the GM stage kit installed on it, so I am not sure he could provide you a "Stock" one...

But I am no expert on this and could be 100% incorrect. I would try to contact TomsHHR on here for answers.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DMarotta
You can put the Trifecta on top of the tune and see some better numbers because of the new sensors but the stock turbo has no power over 23psi. As to reverting back im not sure. After i get my cold air intake in ill be street tuning my car with HP Tuners even though i already have the stage kit just to get the most out of it but still run it safe for every day driving
Old 04-10-2009, 09:39 AM

You could add to the top of the stage kit, but that is limited to what GM has left to tap into.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by bartSS
After i get my cold air intake in ill be street tuning my car with HP Tuners
Which intake?? I am looking for an intake to replace the box on top of the manifold. Once I find one that suits my needs, im gonna pair that purchase with a new exhaust set up as well.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by KinseySS
I've heard that 08 or newer the dealer can tell if its been tuned or not even if you revert it. That's why people buy a second ECM for the actual tune. Not sure if it's really true or not tho.
Correct - the dealer CAN dig back into the computer and see the current AND past tunes that were installed on the car. This is mainly because of the diesels and Bully Dog kits etc

I think the chances of a dealer digging that hard to find out is slim, but it all depends on the dealer...you've got to pay to play, so it is a risk you take.

Remember - just because you modify the engine or ECM, doesn't mean your warranty is void...JUST on things that are affected by your modification.

They can't turn you away for a wheel bearing or an electrical problem - they have to prove that your modification caused the issue.

Now, if you walk in with a destroyed transmission and demand a new one...you might be having to float the bill

Or do it yourself and make a write up for the rest of us who will need one
Old 06-29-2009, 09:34 PM
00prowler

Why not just do the stage1 with 290 HP and no warrantee issues whatsoever for a few extra bucks....I am getting mine done next week, but I will reap the HP benefits cause I have an auto tranny and pick up 55 HP over the the 30 Hp you stick guys get!!! Al

Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by 00prowler
Why not just do the stage1 with 290 HP and no warrantee issues whatsoever for a few extra bucks....I am getting mine done next week, but I will reap the HP benefits cause I have an auto tranny and pick up 55 HP over the the 30 Hp you stick guys get!!! Al
And an additional 93 ft/lbs of tourque

Really looking forward to selling my GSX...
Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 PM

Several have installed and stick with the stage1 upgrade for roughly 650 plus the labor to get it installed.

Some have gotten the Trifecta Tune that gives you very close to 300 HP for as little as $200.00.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:50 AM
00prowler

What kind of HP gain can be expected when installed over a a stage 1 Kit?

Quick Reply: Trifecta Performance Tune installed