2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Vendor Rant!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 AM

Vendor Rant!!!

imo,ALL of these vendors are full of it!!!

i really was/i'm looking forward to having all hrc products on my car,but it seems like the hhr isn't that important.

ADM made an exhaust,which i have yet to see ready for sale and they are feeding us the same line.

maganaflow is the same.

if i was one of these vendors,i would not have said a word till i was ready to start taking orders. atleast keep us updated on whats the hold up. hrc said they will have a part out in aug. then sept. it's going into oct. and nothing. bad business imo.

i do like my tune however from them and would still buy it again. when given the power to tune your car using the HP tuners,you have a greater chance of screwing things up and in the long run cost to much. hptuners on the other hand will take your car to a new platform...if you have the money(the time on the dyno to tune it) and knowlege.

looks like we all just might have to hope for gm to come out with atleast a hard pipe kit and exhaust.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:57 AM

Umm... ADM just released a full turboback and tune kit... check the Supporting Vendor section.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Chevy SS
Umm... ADM just released a full turboback and tune kit... check the Supporting Vendor section.
just got off the phone with them. i retract my statement about ADM
Old 09-29-2008, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
just got off the phone with them. i retract my statement about ADM
What did you find out? I am still trying to find out what HP numbers are put down with this kit, can we look forward to a catted DP, does the tune void the warrantee? Things such as this.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy SS
What did you find out? I am still trying to find out what HP numbers are put down with this kit, can we look forward to a catted DP, does the tune void the warrantee? Things such as this.
well it was said to me that this system will work with our factory cat. that's a 3 inch dp with stock cat all the way back.

don't know the numbers,but generally with 3inch exhaust on turbo cars,you can expect about 15-20whp.

as far as warranty,i'm sure it does void the warranty,they have to prove that the tune blew your motor. the way i look at it,they have more money and lawyers than you lol.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by mightymouse
Happy to see you survived IKE.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
yeah tell me about it. i was lucky. only fence damage for the most part.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Hhr Ss Exhaust

I have sold some 3" prototypes already.I would even sell the exhaust off my own vehicle.

I do have another prototype sitting here ,as well as a downpipe with a catalytic converter.I would sell it to.

Production is not up to me,I just helped make sure it is right.Now that that is out of the way..production models will be made.The order is in and production will start..I would say a couple weeks.

If anybody here wants to buy the prototype I have sitting here,please email me.

We will have dyno numbers tommorow.

Andy
Old 09-29-2008, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Me too man. We need to get the HHR's together soon!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 PM

You think its bad with how long you had to wait?!

The LSJs didn't start seeing much aftermarket support until 2006! Tuning became available around May or June of 2006...when the Saturn ION RL was released in 2004. Only thing they had forever was a stupid drop in filter.

That means it was over a year before the Cobalts saw anything so I gotta say, this isn't too bad for an exhaust to be out already. Plus, you have to think about the R&D they have to put in to make sure the product won't blow up any engines...think of the rant and financial problems that would come along then?

Just chill...seriously.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vendor Rant!!!