2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

AirAid Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 12:50 AM
Deceased

here is a pic of the torn grommet. the 2 are tore exactly alike

I found some grommets at Turner hardware store that cost me .99 cents each. they are thinner, better made and got to be more durable. the standard OEM ones are on the inside and the new ones are in the holes and ready to go

they are not as thick which should lower it a little more and make it even better. the fit is awesome and better than the OEM grommets. i will get the # off the box tomorrow so i can put it here if you ever want to find them.

The new ones also push farther down on the posts on the back of the engine to hold better as well

Old 06-10-2006, 12:58 AM

WOW!
That must be from the force when the engine moves. The air raid will be forced to stay in one spot as it is hitting the hood?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by cj krause
here is a pic of the torn grommet. the 2 are tore exactly alike

I found some grommets at Turner hardware store that cost me .99 cents each. they are thinner, better made and got to be more durable. the standard OEM ones are on the inside and the new ones are in the holes and ready to go

they are not as thick which should lower it a little more and make it even better. the fit is awesome and better than the OEM grommets. i will get the # off the box tomorrow so i can put it here if you ever want to find them.

The new ones also push farther down on the posts on the back of the engine to hold better as well

No problems on my gromments..
Old 06-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Deceased

well i was told by Sam that the tabs need to go under and that would have helped more and gave it better alignment. needless to say, it happened on mine so i was just telling people what to look for.

the new grommets i put in seated allot better and more firmly and lowered it and for $2 a worthy and inexpensive fix.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Deceased

the grommets u see in the holes worked great, easy to put in, tight in the holes on the AirAid and great fit and lower on the 2 posts. better than the chevy OEM grommets and it makes the whole thing lil lower.

the grommets are made by Av-Ve-Co
4428 is the part #
stats are
1/2 inch bore
3/32nds grove
3/4 groove diameter

Old 06-11-2006, 10:11 PM

well i was told by Sam that the tabs need to go under and that would have helped more and gave it better alignment. needless to say, it happened on mine so i was just telling people what to look for.

the new grommets i put in seated allot better and more firmly and lowered it and for $2 a worthy and inexpensive fix.
Since your airaid is on its way to me, i was wondering what tabs you are talking about. i pulled up the install sheet on airaid's site and printed it out but it says nothing about tabs. if you could post and possibly email me pics of these tabs that would kindly be appreciated. And a big thank you again for everything CJ
Old 06-11-2006, 10:18 PM

a post would be great for er'body

I get mine tomorrow...wanna put it on right the first time
Old 06-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by jaydogg
Since your airaid is on its way to me, i was wondering what tabs you are talking about. i pulled up the install sheet on airaid's site and printed it out but it says nothing about tabs. if you could post and possibly email me pics of these tabs that would kindly be appreciated. And a big thank you again for everything CJ
your box is already put together so you dont have to do anything but remove ur MAF housing off ur tube, put it on the black tube, bolt the tube to the housing, then put the MAF plug in thru the grommet, then hook up the black hose to the wheel well and then push the box onto the studs on back and you are done

smiles
i will see if i can find a pic w them showing. on hvrods pic, you can see the overlap on the inside of the box instead of under and that is what he calls the tabs
Old 06-12-2006, 11:13 AM

your box is already put together so you dont have to do anything but remove ur MAF housing off ur tube, put it on the black tube, bolt the tube to the housing, then put the MAF plug in thru the grommet, then hook up the black hose to the wheel well and then push the box onto the studs on back and you are done

smiles
i will see if i can find a pic w them showing. on hvrods pic, you can see the overlap on the inside of the box instead of under and that is what he calls the tabs
cool, thanks CJ, hell you are going to get sick of the thanks here soon.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:22 AM

I think cj was referring to the lines running across the sides. The whole bottom plate should be sitting on those "tabs" and not below them.

Quick Reply: AirAid Intake