2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

EGR Valve

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 05:47 AM

but then again, on the island, our top speed limit is 55.

I would have to move somewhere else....
Old 02-25-2020, 07:59 AM

Struts and shocks get ignored because of the short suspension throw. Most people don't notice and shock absorbers are good for about 15,000 miles.

Back when shocks were cheap you couldn't get out of a tire store without a sales weasel chewing your ear.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
I would have to move somewhere else....
you know it. :)
its a totally different world, and when I visit the mainland, I get anxiety from all the hustle bustle and rude drivers. I suppose we are stuck in a time bubble here, and that’s just fine with me. I’d take Mayberry over The Jetsons anyday! 😁
Old 02-26-2020, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Struts and shocks get ignored because of the short suspension throw. Most people don't notice and shock absorbers are good for about 15,000 miles.

Back when shocks were cheap you couldn't get out of a tire store without a sales weasel chewing your ear.
lol! Yes I can understand that. You think they’re only good for 15k miles? That seems so short. Do you mean they begin leaking at 15k, or that they’re shot by 15k?
Old 02-26-2020, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
My theory with my 2011 is be ready for parts to fail, I knew the gas line was suspect when I bought the HHR, and the timing chain , I just heard that rattle and took off the valve cover to inspect it. Confirming it was stretched, that was after the P0014 code. Preemptive parts replacement is much better then broken parts damaged other parts replacing.
There is a fine line between replacing worn parts and replacing parts that aren’t worn out yet.
You’ve got that right..!
The way I’m seeing it now, is that I don’t know how the driving habits were of the original owner, so I’m just looking at what I can do to replace the little parts that can create big problems, plus fixing the obvious ones first.
Like yours, I’m thinking it’s at that major 10 year juncture where the first set of the common replaced motor parts need changed out. I’m thinking about Plugs now. Iridium or platinum for a 2.2 ....or ?
Old 02-26-2020, 06:30 AM
Administrator

AC Delco 41-103 iridium only! There is a lot of threads over the years about people including myself , who tried other plugs and had issues with other types and brands.
The Ecotec was designed for those plugs, at the gap that they are factory set at . RockAuto has them and don’t forget the discount code!
Old 02-27-2020, 02:52 AM

AC Delco 41-103 iridium only! There is a lot of threads over the years about people including myself , who tried other plugs and had issues with other types and brands.
The Ecotec was designed for those plugs, at the gap that they are factory set at . RockAuto has them and don’t forget the discount code!
AC Delco 41-103
gotcha! I have been also trained to use AC Delco on my Saturn as well, and yes I agree that it’s the best policy to use what was engineered to specifically fit with those. I did the same thing eons ago trying Denso Iridium, and performance was less than stellar, even though it was highly recommended by mechanics, but I think that’s because they worked more on Japanese cars, and works best on those rather than domestic cars.
Also know about never gap an iridium. That’s a big mistake. Going to Rock Auto. Thanks for the tip! 🤙🏻

Old 02-27-2020, 04:16 AM

You can change the gap on a Iridium plug.
It's not witchcraft here.
This video explains it, the only thing I don't like is using the wire gauge for the gap clearance.
Using a feeler gauge is the safer bet.

Old 02-27-2020, 05:47 AM
Administrator

But we do not recommend it.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:03 AM

But we do not recommend it.
Always double check the gap when you get new ones.
The machines that put them together can start to go off, that's why they are re-calibrated at times.

Quick Reply: EGR Valve