2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:11 AM

any aftermarket header worth buying
Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by masterchief1112
any aftermarket header worth buying
There was a guy on here trying to sell a header a year ago the thing looked like a piece of S---!.He started out at $900 then went down to $400 then he finaly just stoped trying to sell them.

I do not think anyone other than the Blue Man Group fell for it he sure tried hard to convince people that it was the only way to go.I don`t think a rat could find his way out if he went in that thing
Attached Images   
Old 01-09-2009, 10:16 AM

Great photo analogy!
Old 01-10-2009, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSS
We don't have headers, we have a header. I realize it's common slang to use the plural form, but I've caught hell for it at meets and such. Thought I'd save you from the same.
Do you have to be dick bro!!
Old 01-10-2009, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Harvey
Will pacesetter headers part #72C-1279 work for 2006 2.2Ls hhr?
pacesetter has always been trash they crack very easy I had the pacesetter on my focus and the damn thing cracked after 3 weeks. think twice about buying if you want a header buy the one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ecote...Q5fAccessories this is a cobalt Addiction I knew a few friends install it on the ION 2.2L and noproblems at all..
Old 01-10-2009, 05:11 PM

ebay

i seen a few on ebay. not sure of long term , or short term , quality or performance. stainless for $200 , seems like very good deal. they looked good to me. i'm thinkin' bout gettn' some in stead of the jet high flow maf , that was on my list. also cobalt exhaust. i really believe replacing the stock exhaust will make the most difference. but may need a tune for best results. my 2 cents. it almost looks like they intentionally restricted the stock exhaust, i'm sure they had thier reasons, just not the same as mine. i had a car 17 years ago , stock , i could burn the tires in every gear everytime i take off and still get over 40mpg in the city. why has auto technology moved backward ? bush knows, maybe obama will tell us , maybe not.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Technology has come a long way in my opinion

Originally Posted by catdaddy137
i seen a few on ebay. not sure of long term , or short term , quality or performance. stainless for $200 , seems like very good deal. they looked good to me. i'm thinkin' bout gettn' some in stead of the jet high flow maf , that was on my list. also cobalt exhaust. i really believe replacing the stock exhaust will make the most difference. but may need a tune for best results. my 2 cents. it almost looks like they intentionally restricted the stock exhaust, i'm sure they had thier reasons, just not the same as mine. i had a car 17 years ago , stock , i could burn the tires in every gear everytime i take off and still get over 40mpg in the city. why has auto technology moved backward ? bush knows, maybe obama will tell us , maybe not.
Technology has come a very long way in my opinion. Years ago we had to change the points, plugs every 3000 miles. We had to replace plug wires every 8000 miles or so. Now we have to change plugs and wires every 100,000 mile whether we need it or not.
Yes, the cars ran good but they had no safety features. If the car got hot it burned up. Now they have built in safety if it gets hot it adds more fuel and reduces the timing (safe mode) to get you back to home.
These cars start right up in any weather and have much better air conditioning and heaters. Not to mention they are quieter and have good sound systems and other creature comforts.
The cars also used to perform quite well but we had 350 to 454 Cu. Inches. They got 5 to 12 miles per gallon. Now our HHR has 134 Cu. Inches and I think it does quite well for what it is. It gets 21 to 40 MPG. For a whimpy little 134 Cu. In. I am impressed. In many ways the old days were the good old days but as far as cars are concerned now is the time.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Curly 1
Technology has come a very long way in my opinion. Years ago we had to change the points, plugs every 3000 miles. We had to replace plug wires every 8000 miles or so. Now we have to change plugs and wires every 100,000 mile whether we need it or not.
Yes, the cars ran good but they had no safety features. If the car got hot it burned up. Now they have built in safety if it gets hot it adds more fuel and reduces the timing (safe mode) to get you back to home.
These cars start right up in any weather and have much better air conditioning and heaters. Not to mention they are quieter and have good sound systems and other creature comforts.
The cars also used to perform quite well but we had 350 to 454 Cu. Inches. They got 5 to 12 miles per gallon. Now our HHR has 134 Cu. Inches and I think it does quite well for what it is. It gets 21 to 40 MPG. For a whimpy little 134 Cu. In. I am impressed. In many ways the old days were the good old days but as far as cars are concerned now is the time.
the car i was talking about was a early 80s honda 1200. i will say that the hhr is impressive for a chevrolet 4 cyl. my mom had a chevette , i remember it trying to climb a small hill with the pedal to the floor it might get to 45 if you were doing 55 before you got to the hill and then it would start losing speed. we should be very very close to the "jetsons" and we are with lots of things. also i love the usa , but we are way , way behind a few countries in technology. every home-on average-has 2 tvs. how many of them are made in the us ? none that i know of. there are whole cities that are practically self sustainable, none in the us. no other consumable product fluctuates in price like oil/gas-it is total BS. we are being ripped off. i will be so glad when i take my 4.3 out of my 98 s10 , and replace it with a forklift motor. then you can have the 2.4 as well , when i take the s10 body off the frame and fit the hhr body on top. i agree with you. i am impressed also , just not as much as i should be. oh , my s10 is sitting in the yard with the main wiring harness burned on the inside, only god knows why. was a great truck , i was going to buy a toyota , until the 1st time i drove the s10 , but on its best day it only got 20mpg.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:24 PM

True Dat

Originally Posted by catdaddy137
the car i was talking about was a early 80s honda 1200. i will say that the hhr is impressive for a chevrolet 4 cyl. my mom had a chevette , i remember it trying to climb a small hill with the pedal to the floor it might get to 45 if you were doing 55 before you got to the hill and then it would start losing speed. we should be very very close to the "jetsons" and we are with lots of things. also i love the usa , but we are way , way behind a few countries in technology. every home-on average-has 2 tvs. how many of them are made in the us ? none that i know of. there are whole cities that are practically self sustainable, none in the us. no other consumable product fluctuates in price like oil/gas-it is total BS. we are being ripped off. i will be so glad when i take my 4.3 out of my 98 s10 , and replace it with a forklift motor. then you can have the 2.4 as well , when i take the s10 body off the frame and fit the hhr body on top. i agree with you. i am impressed also , just not as much as i should be. oh , my s10 is sitting in the yard with the main wiring harness burned on the inside, only god knows why. was a great truck , i was going to buy a toyota , until the 1st time i drove the s10 , but on its best day it only got 20mpg.
Most of the things car manufacturors have been doing is to improve comfort and durability more than mileage. Because that is what most people were wanting. When gas went up from $1 per gallon to $4 per gallon it forced us (and car manufacturors) to start to think a little differently.

I believe next person to be richer than Bill Gates is the guy who comes up with a low cost home energy system. Maybe some sort of a hybrid, wind / solar and geothermal system to heat and cool houses and run the lighting etc. There is no reason for us to spend $400 a month to air condition our houses when the technology is there to be completly self sufficient. The problem is they are grossly over priced right now. The person that makes such a system affordable will be filthy rich..... It will also probably be made in China.......

America is behind on many things because we have the freedom to have our own cars and are not forced to use public transportation or bicycles.

You are also 100% correct in that we are being ripped off by the gas companies. It did not cost any more to produce the gas at $4 per gallon than it did at $1 the only difference was somebody was getting ripped off and somebody was getting rich.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:42 AM

Sorry about the headers thing. I've always had V-8's. I have 06 hhr with 2.2 and realy need a header for it. I do plan on Trifecta tune and have been looking at water injection also. See aquatune.com. I have been told pacesetter header for colbalt will fit right on. Do you know if this is true?

Quick Reply: headers