2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

Looking for help with intake and turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 01:33 PM

Question Looking for help with intake and turbo

I new to the site but i have an all stock 2006 HHR LS with the 2.2L. I was looking to up the performance a little bit. Can you give me some recommendations on intakes or turbos that have worked great on your cars??
Old 08-22-2015, 04:38 PM

Are you planning on doing these modifications yourself? A turbo/supercharger install on the 2.2L is fairly common but it is not an easy task. There are loads of threads on here, I would also recommend researching over at the cobaltss forum. The kids over there seem way more into hot rodding these platforms.

Not sure on your budget, a typical forced induction setup can run from $1500 (scrounging for parts, and DIYing it) to upwards of $6000 (catalog parts kit + shop install) I have around 4k invested in my turbo setup and I did all the work myself.

As far as intakes are concerned, I'm not the best help here. I have the 2.0L so our setups are different. What you'll really want to do is get a hold of CJKraus, he is one of our supporting vendors and from what I hear he can do some amazing things with the tune to really wake up your buggy.

How many miles you got? Manual or auto?
Old 08-22-2015, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dbeluscak
Are you planning on doing these modifications yourself? A turbo/supercharger install on the 2.2L is fairly common but it is not an easy task. There are loads of threads on here, I would also recommend researching over at the cobaltss forum. The kids over there seem way more into hot rodding these platforms.

Not sure on your budget, a typical forced induction setup can run from $1500 (scrounging for parts, and DIYing it) to upwards of $6000 (catalog parts kit + shop install) I have around 4k invested in my turbo setup and I did all the work myself.

As far as intakes are concerned, I'm not the best help here. I have the 2.0L so our setups are different. What you'll really want to do is get a hold of CJKraus, he is one of our supporting vendors and from what I hear he can do some amazing things with the tune to really wake up your buggy.

How many miles you got? Manual or auto?
I just broke the 69,000 mi barrier and auto I want to get a stick but most likely i'm not getting one on this car.

yeah I will check out the cobalt page, see what they are doing for turbo's.