2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

New performance mod for the 2.2 enignes...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by GTOMIKE

I have not checked to see if the 2009 2.2 is still using the same intake when I saw that it was up to 155 HP and the MPG are up as well I was thinking they may be using a different intake.
The 09 2.2 now has VVT. That might explain the increase in both.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:38 AM

Remind me again...the 2.4 intake want work with the 08's because of the sensor adapter mod thingy(diff size coupler?). Other than that, this mod gets the ??
Old 01-09-2009, 07:41 AM

True.

Originally Posted by Randomtask
Remind me again...the 2.4 intake want work with the 08's because of the sensor adapter mod thingy(diff size coupler?). Other than that, this mod gets the ??
The difference is just the sensor and it is not a major problem. I noticed a performance increase when I drove it away after putting the intake on. Keep in mind I have made other significant mods and have not done the Trifecta tune yet. That is when it will really perform when it is all calibrated to work together. On one of the dyno charts with the 2.4 intake mod it showed the HP and torque was increased from idle up to redline with the biggest increases on top. There was one area around 3000 to 3500 that was a little lower than stock. Since it was better at lower and higher RPM I think it is probably a lean issue that will be addressed with the Trifecta tune.

Now it may be better to start with the 2.4 but if you have a 2.2 it is a worth while mod. With my 2.4 intake and exhuast I am probably closer to the performance of the 2.4 yet should get better effeciency and mileage.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:13 PM

Awsome. Im sure i can navigate around the coupler thing, i have resources and tools soo.....awsome, i'm going to order away.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:55 AM

Has anyone used pacesetter headers on a 2006 hhr with 2.2, if so what is the part #? has anyone used water injection system on hhr? See aquatune.com it looks like it would be realy nice.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:30 AM

Thread Bump

Was just staring at my CGS and 2.4 intake manifold in the boxes and thought i would Bump the tread for anyone who might want to update how theirs is making out or any other secrets/cautions/dyno's/got the tune done??
Old 01-31-2009, 08:07 AM

Well I have put thousands of miles on mine

I have put thousands of miles on mine with the 2.4 intake manifold, Airiad filter and the 2.4 exhaust system.
I think you have to be realistic in your expectations. Mine runs better than most 2.2's but the 2.4 probably runs better. I noticed the performance improvement when I did the 2.4 intake manifold but could not tell any difference with most of the other mods.
Just to round off the numbers and take a guess I would say the stock 2.2 at 150 Hp and the stock 2.4 at 175 mine is probably 165hp.
I have not done the tune yet but I fully expect my mileage and perfomance will increase a little when I do.
If you are just looking for the best performance then nothing helps more than cubic inches. Forced air, turbo or blown or Nitrous also make horsepower but at a cost of the additional fuel required. Now for me I am looking for mileage and so the 2.2 is probably better after I get done with the mods and I think it will run close to the 2.4. But I believe it will run better and get better mileage than a stock 2.2.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:19 PM

I am sure this has been addressed, maybe I missed the post but that A/F ratio sure as hell looks tuned, going pig ass rich on the top end and cutting that fuel back certainly will help with power.

If there was no adjustment for fuel, or spark, that is darn impressive.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:05 AM

Tune and low RPM power

The original dyno sheet showed a small loss of power at 4000 RPM but gained every where else.
I think that may simply be a tuning issue, On the Cobalt forum someone was saying the Cobalt has a lean burn at cruise RPM. That may be part of the problem there.
Regardless I think a good tune would probably make more power all through the RPM range from idle to redline.

The 07 and 08 intakes and throttle bodys are a little different. The MAF is not the same and the Throttle Body has a different plug location and one has a 6 pin plug the other has an 8 pin plug. It can be wired to work but it is best to get right year intake and TB. The 07 and 08 TB also have the plug on opposite sides of TB. It can work but I reccomend getting the right year model and it is a simple bolt on.

The 2.4 intake helped my car noticably in all RPM ranges surprisingly even at lower RPM's.

I just did the Trifecta tune and really like it, I like it so much I became a dealer here in Dallas. With the tune the biggest difference is when you are cruising and you give it gas it really comes alive quicker and harder.

The performance is definatly better I do not know about the mileage yet as I can not keep my foot out of it.......

So in the end the 2.4 intake is a good mod and better with a tune.

I have not done the 2.4 Throttle Body yet but will let everyone know when I do.

Just for reference I did not feel any difference with the Airiad intake filter or exhaust system but with the Intake manifold and once again with the tune the improvement was noticeable. All of my mods have helped the mileage except for the tune which it is just too early to tell. I expect there will be a mileage improvement there if I ever quit hot rodding the car.....
Old 07-24-2014, 08:53 PM

Definitely going to be looking into this mod!!