2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

found a supercharger kit for the 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Talking found a supercharger kit for the 2.4

i was just foolin around lookin for performance parts for my gf's cobalt and i stubbled across this kit

http://zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion/...1165&catid=143

it has everything there to supercharge a cobalt so why not an HHR i did call the comapny to see if it would fit but they dont know they have never had anyone ask that before.

I may purchase the kit and see if it does work on our cars but i have to get it back from the body shop first.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Rest In Peace

Cool

Keep me posted, If they do fit as a Kit on the '08 HHR's with 2.4 I may be interested.

I didn't see a mirror finished unit available, do they offer one? (for Show)

Sure would look Sweet on an HHR (Mine) LOL
Old 08-01-2010, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud

Keep me posted, If they do fit as a Kit on the '08 HHR's with 2.4 I may be interested.

I didn't see a mirror finished unit available, do they offer one? (for Show)

Sure would look Sweet on an HHR (Mine) LOL
i dont beleive the s/c comes polished but what u can do is ask them not to send u the s/c and get the really expensive one

http://zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion/...1064&catid=143
Old 08-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Rest In Peace

I keep Fighting the Urge to make my HHR a Show Car, and keep in mind I bought it as my daily driver.

I went to a car show today, (took 225 pics) and only saw 2 HHR's, both nice, but neither was Mind Blowing.

A BLOWN HHR all fully polished and the motor as well would be Sweet.

Oh well, I may be looking for another daily driver if I do all the mods on my list.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
I keep Fighting the Urge to make my HHR a Show Car, and keep in mind I bought it as my daily driver.

I went to a car show today, (took 225 pics) and only saw 2 HHR's, both nice, but neither was Mind Blowing.

A BLOWN HHR all fully polished and the motor as well would be Sweet.

Oh well, I may be looking for another daily driver if I do all the mods on my list.
i bought mine to be a daily driver too but i just sold my trans am and i miss her already and the speed so im goin to try and make my hhr just as good
Old 08-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Rest In Peace

Even as a daily driver I want my Panel to be a head turner.

I plan on keeping it for awhile and want to keep it with Low miles.

Back of my mind I always figured i'd Need a pick up truck to replace the Astro Van, I just Failed to tell the other half that. LOL

The car show today at the Tilted Kilt was 5 minutes from my house and got my blood pumping to be Showing a car again.

I have the '55 Bel Air Hardtop that's about 1/2 way done as a fully restored original. Taking the time to do it Right at all costs. I have 2 V-Twin Motorcycles (Yamaha Virago's), Many projects, so Little time! lol

Oh and a Vendo 81A Roundtop Coke Machine to Restore too! lol

Name:  ad269150.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  58.0 KB

Last edited by American & Proud; 08-01-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Added Pic.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:06 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by 08 hhr guy
i was just foolin around lookin for performance parts for my gf's cobalt and i stubbled across this kit

http://zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion/...1165&catid=143

it has everything there to supercharge a cobalt so why not an HHR i did call the comapny to see if it would fit but they dont know they have never had anyone ask that before.

I may purchase the kit and see if it does work on our cars but i have to get it back from the body shop first.
I don't think it will work, not w/o making a few modifications anyway. The engine bays of the HHR and Cobalt are laid out a bit different.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:13 PM

Bet that coke machine would spit out some serious bottles with a SC on it..!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:11 PM

Give me that ol' Coke machine and I'll share a few secrets as to how to make it work!

Seriously, go to the CobaltSS.net forum and watch for a good buy on the necessary basics. Someone did a "list how to" that covers some, but not all that is required. There are other things that need attention, too.

First, as someone else stated, the bay is much different. Primary concern is the lack of space in the front of the HHR. A custom intake will have to be fabbed. And there are few that can tune for a boosted 2.4, for example, Mike (GDZHHR) that has had numerous issues with his Hahn tuned turbo.

Yes, it is NOT easy, but can be done! Mine runs great with no issues and shows its tail lights to many of my local modified Cobalt friends!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:37 PM

JoeR if i do purchase this kit would u be willing to help me out with any questions and what was the most difficult part about the whole install

Quick Reply: found a supercharger kit for the 2.4