2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

found a supercharger kit for the 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:37 PM

While I hold a lot of respect for ZZP and what they've done, for anyone considering this, be aware that the HHR has much less room for a good intake system. On top of that, I've experienced a bunch of failed attempts to tune this setup!

Yes, it can be done and with very good results! (Been there, done that a couple of years ago!)
Old 09-01-2010, 07:57 PM

I'm really tempted.

As the old saying goes; Injection is nice but I'd rather be blown!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:08 PM

i'm seriously contemplating getting this setup, but got a few issues i'd like to get straight before i go for it. first off i got a 2006 2.2L automatic, so my main concern is tuning ( Trifecta? ). im not looking to get crazy HP, but do i need to upgrade internals as well?, and if so what parts should be changed out? gotta decide on a reputable shop around here to install and dyno too, just want to make sure i bring em everything thats needed. any helpful input would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-20-2010, 03:34 PM

The 06s have the E16 pcm, and is not supported by HPTuners, nor LS2 edit, nor efi live, and I have no idea on triffecta support.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:18 AM

k, i know this is a 2.4 thread, but anyways... Trifecta is the only one that can tune the 2006 2.2L for a supercharger, they have done two so far. Also, this kit isn't 100% complete, you have to gather lots of extras, and swap out parts just to make it work on the HHR. This Supercharger Kit is a great starting point, but don't think you're gonna get this and have a supercharged car for $2199. I've already got about $500 tied up in this, and have allot more parts to buy before i even get the Kit. Cant wait to have mine Supercharged
Old 06-11-2011, 04:25 AM
Rest In Peace

Question

Originally Posted by lunchbox
k, i know this is a 2.4 thread, but anyways... Trifecta is the only one that can tune the 2006 2.2L for a supercharger, they have done two so far. Also, this kit isn't 100% complete, you have to gather lots of extras, and swap out parts just to make it work on the HHR. This Supercharger Kit is a great starting point, but don't think you're gonna get this and have a supercharged car for $2199. I've already got about $500 tied up in this, and have allot more parts to buy before i even get the Kit. Cant wait to have mine Supercharged
Hey lunchbox,

I know you recently installed your Supercharger, I bought some parts from you for mine.
At an AWSOME deal I might add. Thanks again for that sir.

Now that yours is installed, can you elaborate some more with regards to your last post here.

The more Detailed the Better Please.

As you know, I am wanting to have EVERYTHING here and at the ready before I even start the install, I want to make Sure I don't get stuck because I find out I did not get something and then have to order it up while my Panel sits. I just don't want to run into unnecessary down time for forgetting something.

I need to find someone local that can do the HP Tune, I do plan on buying it as well at a later date so I have it in case later adjustments need to be made.

IF I end up getting EVERYTHING, I just may go for it in the Fall. Otherwise I will wait till next year after Winter.

I have a shop set up to be able to work in and if I get everything and sell off a Motorcycle and set up a HP Tune guy who Knows what and how to do the 2.4 HHR with automatic, I just may be able to do it.

Anybody know anyone in the Chicago IL. Area that does good work tuning?

How much does a "Tune" cost to have done BTW?

Kiss my Warranty GOODBYE!

Anyone who hasn't seen my posts, I am building my own Kit per say over buying the ZZP Kit.
I have a pretty good start, so far.

Name:  3f666031.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  56.0 KB

Name:  029bc9fd.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  bd3fefbb.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  34.5 KB

Whatever happend to 08 hhr guy? Did he ever get his Kit, he was gonna post a Build thread with lots of pics???

Thanks.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:56 AM

yeah, A&P, i had to gather a few other parts as well. a few things i bought are; AEM boost gauge and AEM wideband Air/Fuel gauge, intake fittings (90*s , Spectre flex hose, bolt-on hose clamps, etc.) overflow tank for heat exchanger, coolant and Water Wetter, 3/4" coolant hose, B&M Shift Plus kit, exhaust (headers, down pipe, cat-back), Trifecta Performance tune cable... and laptop to run it. i've got allot of money tied up in this project, but you should save allot by piecing it together yourself congrats on the progress, can't wait to see the install
Old 09-04-2011, 10:23 AM

Howdy! I'm new to this forum. You mentioned a Vendo Coke machine. I worked at Vendo for 1 1/2 days when I got out of the service in 71. Nun of the Coke machines I worked on would function properly.(LOL) HHR? I bought a new one in June with everything but a spoiler and luggage rack. Nice daily driver.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by James Holley
Howdy! I'm new to this forum. You mentioned a Vendo Coke machine. I worked at Vendo for 1 1/2 days when I got out of the service in 71. Nun of the Coke machines I worked on would function properly.(LOL) HHR? I bought a new one in June with everything but a spoiler and luggage rack. Nice daily driver.
Glad you like your HHR. You should introduce yourself and your HHR to the new members lounge. Not trying to be rude but for all new members, we like to see pictures of your HHR/story behind it and this isn't the thread to do it in, since it is a couple of months old.

Hope you enjoy the site,

Dave