2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Intake Comparison Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
I've done my part to "better the HHR community" - and now I'm done. If you want to see the actual charts go buy your own intakes and pay to have them dyno'd yourself - then you'll see what idiots you are acting like....
Uhhh... so let me get this straight- no charts? I agree with Tokyo on a different thread that the overall results look color coded (so their distinguishable). Guess I'm just as curious as the next guy as to what the power/torque curve actually looks like- as opposed MAX power creation. If it's something you can't/won't distribute ($, time, energy, frustration...) - I understand... just asking.
:twothumbs
Old 06-02-2006, 04:25 PM

Mike,
Thanks for the dyno charts. I think the more info. we have the better off all of us will be!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:18 PM

More air is always better than restricted air. I am certain that the Airaid would not have performed any better having the top portion closed and forcing it to get air from the tube.

As for the questions regarding other work on Mikes HHR-that is all a moot point. His comparison was showing the relative difference between the 2 intake systems. It would not matter any other mods he had, as long as they were all working for both intake dyno's. As for the HP reading, they were probably front wheel horsepower, whereas the Chevy claim of 172 is just the engine not factoring in drivetrain loss.

I do not understand all the aggression. Mike is not strictly in the business for making money. Remember-he only sells HHR parts, and began selling parts only after he bought the car himself. Most businesses sell for more than one vehicle. I believe Mike is interested in improving his car, and has gotten involved working with different companies to develop parts for the HHR. He is providing more of a service for us than trying to get get rich. I am certain that if the Airaid proved to be a good product, he would gladly offer it for sale.

The company that did the dyno had no vested interest, nor were they biased. I can understand the frustration of those who plunked down $200 only to discover that all they have done is increased intake noise and decreased their performance. We live in a free world/democracy. Anybody that doubts the accuracy of Mikes test is welcome to buy both systems and test them for themselves. I for one trust Mike and will order the CGS system as soon as I finish posting this thread. I prefered the looks, anyway.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lee3333
I do not understand all the aggression. Mike is not strictly in the business for making money. Remember-he only sells HHR parts, and began selling parts only after he bought the car himself. Most businesses sell for more than one vehicle. I believe Mike is interested in improving his car, and has gotten involved working with different companies to develop parts for the HHR. He is providing more of a service for us than trying to get get rich. I am certain that if the Airaid proved to be a good product, he would gladly offer it for sale.
If you go back and read instead of kissing SoCals ass you'll see all the aggression came from him! He called everyone idiots for asking a few simple questions.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:36 PM

The intake comparison page is now up on our site for those interested.

You can find it HERE.

I think many will be surprised at the results...
Thanks Mike for the numbers. I think you went to hell and back fighting all the bad rap on your cool air dyno's. I think aslong as its not stock who cares. As long as my Baby looks good and runs good thats what matters. I like your CAI and when you get the heat sheild done and I get afew more mods done I'm getting one from you. The dyno speaks for it's self. Anything is better than stock!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:36 PM

If you want to see the actual charts go buy your own intakes and pay to have them dyno'd yourself - then you'll see what idiots you are acting like....
He did not call us idiots. He said that if we are accusing him of biasing the test results then we are acting like idiots. And his aggression is in response to certain people attacking him. Just imagine for 1 minute if his dyno results are accurate (as I believe they are). Who is the idiot now? The same people jumping down his throat. Perhaps they are reluctant to come to face the facts that they have just wasted a couple of Ben Franklins.

I kiss no ones ass. BUT I do stand up for what I believe in. And when I see someone being bashed without cause, I will be right there to defend him.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR
Anything is better than stock!
Sorry to disagree, but plunking down money and losing horsepower is not better than stock.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=
I kiss no ones ass. BUT I do stand up for what I believe in. And when I see someone being bashed without cause, I will be right there to defend him.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Why can't we all just get along.
Don't be haten
Old 06-02-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lee3333
Sorry to disagree, but plunking down money and losing horsepower is not better than stock.
I'm just saying that Mike's intake is better than stock and no one should attack him for that.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Banned

I appologize Lee, you definitely deserve it. But he turned his frustration towards me for asking a simple question and believing the numbers are a little biased towards the one he has his money invested in. Look at it from a buisness stand point. You are a small retailer that has your time and money invested in a product. You think your product is going to be the only one on the market so you know people are going to be ordering them left and right. All of a sudden a cheaper possibly better working system hits the market and all of your potential customers start snatching it up. What would you do? The place that did the dyno comparison may have been unbiased but the person paying for it wasn't. That's why he's afraid to show the actual dyno graphs.

Quick Reply: Intake Comparison Results