2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Intake Comparison Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 05:45 PM

I know-just teasing. I like to change things also. But, the reason I change things is to improve my car, not slow it down (except for adding stereo equipment that adds weight).
Old 06-02-2006, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lee3333
I know-just teasing. I like to change things also. But, the reason I change things is to improve my car, not slow it down (except for adding stereo equipment that adds weight).
Ya but you got to have the BOOM
Old 06-02-2006, 05:58 PM

Talking The Answer

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I appologize Lee, you definitely deserve it. But he turned his frustration towards me for asking a simple question and believing the numbers are a little biased towards the one he has his money invested in. Look at it from a buisness stand point. You are a small retailer that has your time and money invested in a product. You think your product is going to be the only one on the market so you know people are going to be ordering them left and right. All of a sudden a cheaper possibly better working system hits the market and all of your potential customers start snatching it up. What would you do? The place that did the dyno comparison may have been unbiased but the person paying for it wasn't. That's why he's afraid to show the actual dyno graphs.
THE ANSWER IS IN THE CHARTS, BUT MORE IMPORTATLY, A SMALL RETAILER CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT PISS OFF IS MAIN BUYING AUDIENCE. MIKE WORKS HARD AND I KNOW IT BUT JEEZ, SOMEONE IS EVEN GOING TO ARGUE WITH THE CHARTS, LET IT GO. I LIKE MIKES SYSTEM BEST. IT LOOKS HOT. WISH IT HAD A POLISHED TUBE! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND TO ALL.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:01 PM

OMG this is horrible. I just felt like i read a soap from the TV shows lol. I will say this I kiss no one @zz and I think Mike has done ALOT for this group. Hey we can all get upset here and there and say things(type) lol. Every one is entitled to their opinion. Mike had an OUT SIDE person do the test. THEY know what they are doing for the test ok so maybe the AIRAID system may work a bit better enclosed what if it didnt would we still knock Mike for being all for HIS product. I have not seen Mike say HEY every one BUY my stuff NOW. In fact if there is a porduct out there we are looking 4 and he doesnt sell it he looks and finds out info and where to get it from......... NOT A PAID ADVERTISMENT lol
Old 06-02-2006, 06:02 PM

Evening guys and gals,

I'd like to now light a match, and add to the flame war. While both sides have equally valid points, all have a singular vested interest: to modify thier own HHR in a way that will improve looks and performance.

Mike and his supporters claim that the CGS short-ram intake performs better than stock, and with his latest opus, better than the one alternative to the CGS, the AirAid. We all respect the fact that Mike has gone to this measure to test them, but we're all concerned with the results, or lack thereof. Yes, there are posted numbers on a pic he made, but there are no dyno charts to back that up. As far as "modified engine" mumbo jumbo, none of us have gone too far in that respect.Dyno numbers will reflect that he's got a replacement muffler, nothing more, and the difference in swapping the can will be minute, at best.

The other side of the house seems to support anything that's not recommended by SoCalHHR's. As a Supporting Vendor, and an HHR owner, this camp needs to realize that his interests are similar to theirs. But, to rally support for his own product line without substantial proof of his claims, while denouncing other vendors of his own product line makes me wary as to why.

Everyone, on both sides, need to understand that we're all interested in personalizing the cars we own, and the major difference in these parts are looks. Our preference on their own aesthetics will be the deciding factor for many of us, as the performance gains for either system, (substantiated dyno runs) are minimal. Not one Member here has done anything drastic to improve performance, rather, we're all driving with air conditioning, heating, sound insulation, forgiving suspensions, a back seat, power windows, etc... When someone goes the distance to really improve their ET's or lap times, then the minute differences in power will mean something. All of your "super-highly-modified-collectors-edition-boxed-set" engines are stock, as is mine, (catback and intake wearing Shnog isn't going to break 200 on a dyno, no matter how many manufacturers and vendors claims I read)

A letter from AirAid I got tonight. Please check their site soon to see some dyno results, in chart form.

Hello Will,

My name is Chris Thomson, the national sales manager @ AIRAID. We are familiar with Mike from SoCalHHR and are not surprised that he is coming after our product. He was interested in carrying our product line but we couldn’t come together on a program for him.

Moving on, we will have the attached Dyno information on our web site later this evening. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call.

If you are going to be in the Orlando area tomorrow we will be taking part in the Hot Rod Power Tour. We will be at the Orange County Convention Center from 10AM – 8 PM tomorrow if you are in the area please stop by and say hi.

Thank you for being an AIRAID customer,

Chris

Chris Thomson

AIRAID Filter Company
Old 06-02-2006, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR
Ya but you got to have the BOOM

Oh yeah, well... There's always the need for THAT!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:10 PM

A dyno chart from AirAid

This is from Airaid. While being from a manufacturer, we should all be wary of the results, but keep in mind there's no comparison to competing products. Just the stock 2.2 results are compared. For those who don't need dyno charts to substantiate differences in power, skip this, and go with the style that suits your preference. Again, it's all mostly looks.

Good night!

Old 06-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

It's poinless to even disagree with SoCal. How many members of this site have installed a cheap IMCO muffler just because Mike says it is the best and out performs a cat-back without any substantiated proof? See, there is no point in carrying on with the loyal following. I'm way outnumbered.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:23 PM

I'm not sure if he said it was better than a cat-back system, but better than other mufflers. I think that everyone likes the muffler, but I'm not bad rapping you CH. Everyone has his or her own opinion.

We should all
Old 06-02-2006, 06:38 PM

Well for those who want a price closer to the Airaid, but want the CGS:
http://www.truckshop.com/product.php...cat=868&page=1

Quick Reply: Intake Comparison Results