2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Product Review: Trifecta Tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:37 PM

I want to get this tune for my fiance's 2.4 hhr and i was wondering if i should order directly from trifecta(300) or go to a certified dealer(240)? Is this completely safe?
Old 12-18-2011, 10:05 PM

Same tune whether you go direct or through a dealer, Vince does all the tunes.

Define "completely safe" ....... You should have no issues with the tune, but it may void the drivetrain warranty. If something else happens where you need the warranty GM won't cover it and blame the tune. If you are past warranty I'd say have at it.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
Same tune whether you go direct or through a dealer, Vince does all the tunes.

Define "completely safe" ....... You should have no issues with the tune, but it may void the drivetrain warranty. If something else happens where you need the warranty GM won't cover it and blame the tune. If you are past warranty I'd say have at it.
Same no matter your mods, fuel grade, auto vs manual? I thought they would be somewhat customizable. I have a k&n i run 93 and have the 5 speed. the PED is the thing i really want gone. I get 32 mpg and dont want to lose that.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member

rayne!!! Your first post says it's your fiance's car. Then you go on to say: "I have a K&N. I run 93." Now you don't want to tick off the fiance.

Just kidding. Get the tune and you 2 have fun.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
rayne!!! Your first post says it's your fiance's car. Then you go on to say: "I have a K&N. I run 93." Now you don't want to tick off the fiance.

Just kidding. Get the tune and you 2 have fun.
lol its her car i have an ion redline but i drive it a decent amount.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:15 PM

Ive emailed vince im just waiting for a reply.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by rayne
Same no matter your mods, fuel grade, auto vs manual? I thought they would be somewhat customizable. I have a k&n i run 93 and have the 5 speed. the PED is the thing i really want gone. I get 32 mpg and dont want to lose that.
By "the same" I mean when I went through a dealer, he gathered the information about my car and sent that to Vince. Vince contacted me, wrote the tune specifically for my car/mods/driving style, and Vince then sent me the tune..... After the flash I did several data logs which I sent to Vince, he made changes and I re-flashed several times until both Vince and I were satisfied..... The cable I bought through my dealer was actually shipped directly from Vince. The only thing the dealer did was set up the initial contact and gather the information.

So "the same" means you will get a custom mod for YOUR car written by Vince no matter who you go through initially...... At least this has been my experience. I think a lot of dealers do the flash with their own cable and laptop, but the tune always comes from Vince. In my case my dealer was on the other side of the country (almost) so had very little involvement.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Premium Member

Vince may be out a little around the holiday.

Please note that Trifecta Performance will be closed from 12/12/11 – 12/16/11, reopening for regular business on 12/19/11. We will also be closed from 12/26/11 – 12/28/11 for Christmas Holiday. Please make a note and plan accordingly. Vince
Old 12-21-2011, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
By "the same" I mean when I went through a dealer, he gathered the information about my car and sent that to Vince. Vince contacted me, wrote the tune specifically for my car/mods/driving style, and Vince then sent me the tune..... After the flash I did several data logs which I sent to Vince, he made changes and I re-flashed several times until both Vince and I were satisfied..... The cable I bought through my dealer was actually shipped directly from Vince. The only thing the dealer did was set up the initial contact and gather the information.

So "the same" means you will get a custom mod for YOUR car written by Vince no matter who you go through initially...... At least this has been my experience. I think a lot of dealers do the flash with their own cable and laptop, but the tune always comes from Vince. In my case my dealer was on the other side of the country (almost) so had very little involvement.
Ok that makes sense. Ill just wait for vince to contact me. Thanks
Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 PM

Yes, each and every tune comes from Vince. I chose when I was a Dealer to provide the most savings to everyone. And that came as a savings of Close to $100 per tune on the SS. I provided the cable at no charge to my customers. Some customers purchased one. It became unfortunate that more chose to order direct and that closes businesses. Sorry for my thoughts, but as they say Business is Business.

Quick Reply: Product Review: Trifecta Tune