2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Real cold air

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 11:01 AM

CJ's pipes is not even plastic
I'm going to use the same pipe as CJ.https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/sho...atid=newimages
Old 08-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Banned

Why are you getting so bent out of shape about this? I was responding to Lee originaly. Like I said before it's your car use what you like and I wasn't saying anything against your decision to use plastic tubing. Afraid I might be right? Before I start searching around on the internet I think you answer your own question about proof in your NASCAR question. And when is the last time you've seen a rippled plastic or metal CAI? I'll dig around for proof if you want me to but it will be a waste of time in a pointless debate.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
It's rippled plastic though. All of those little ripples screw up the air flow. Why do you think the tubing on a CAI is smooth? A mandrel bent tube would be 1000% times better for air flow. You are going to have to seal off the filter completely in order to make it work right and be a true ram air system. Otherwise any air you are forcing in through the tip is going to be negated by the air being sucked in through the filter itself.
Looks like your talking to me on this one.

I'm not saying that your wrong ether CH. I know that a smooth bend pipe is better, but not 1000% better.

I'm not getting out of shape! It's just You have no right to slam my Idea in to the durt and dis it like that. Do you rally think that the pipe will make such a huge difference on a motor that oly makes under 200 HP. I've had 5 Camaros and a big block chevy truck. I know how to make HP, and to start out with a 4 banger isn't the way. You do what you want and spend the 200 to 300 buck on a CAI, and I'll spend a few bucks and make my air box. I'm not saying that my intake will be better, but I want to come up with new things and try them. How do ya think Mike makes all of his stuff. trial and error. If my idea works good then thats great if not then who cares. At least I'm not going to spend 200 to 300 bucks on some thing that gives me 8 more HP or so.

Sorry about the Highjack thread Lee. Now back to that hole in the bumper.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Banned

Seriously I was reponding to Lee and could give a damn about what intake you put on your vehicle. If you read back through my post never once did I mention anything about you or your homemade intake. Sorry if you are overly sensative. The percentage debate is just stupid. It is an expression. Because I say Coke is 1000% times better than Pepsi does that make it scientifically proven?
Old 08-20-2006, 11:38 AM

Well you said that you have proof that it's 1000% better.lol
If this is such a stupid and pointlees debate than why do ya have to keep saying sh#t about your right and I'm wrong.
We all know that you will keep this up till you get the last word in.
I'm going to be the bigger man here and end this sh$t. This is the last post I'll make to you in this thread. You say what you want and do what you want. At least I'm going to do my mod.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR
If this is such a stupid and pointlees debate than why do ya have to keep saying sh#t about your right and I'm wrong.
We all know that you will keep this up till you get the last word in.
I'm going to be the bigger man here and end this sh$t. This is the last post I'll make to you in this thread. You say what you want and do what you want. At least I'm going to do my mod.
Andrew

When you finish with your project I would love to see some pictures. Keep working on it and sharing. Thanks
Old 08-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackHHR
Where? Find the post where I said that and quote it. You really should learn how to read instead of reading things how you want and pull your panties out of your ass. Why are there so many overly sensative cry babies on this site.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:36 PM

Right here:
I just said a madrel bent tube would be 1000% times better, which is true and can be backed up.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Banned

Holy sh*t I did! It was still a figure of speach.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Deceased

A mandrel bent tube would be 1000% times better for air flow.

I didn't say the plastic tubing is no good. You read into it that way. I just said a madrel bent tube would be 1000% times better, which is true and can be backed up

I'll dig around for proof if you want me to but it will be a waste of time in a pointless debate.
i am only going to make one post on this CH and no answer needed.
you made this statement 3 times in this thread and he asked you to prove or validate what you are using as debate.

if you cant prove or validate then your input and your information is inaccurate and not appropiate and shouldnt be used especially to badger forum members

i dont think you could dig on the net for a any length of time and prove your 1000% claim. and then of course you put a post up w an insult to not one but towards many forum members

Why are there so many overly sensative cry babies on this site.
to me, is it claims, opinions, facts or lies?

Quick Reply: Real cold air