2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Thinking of going duals...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Rest In Peace

I was at the muffler shop first thing this morning at 8AM when they opened to have the Thrush Turbo muffler installed that I bought on Amazon.

I thought about the Pseudo "dual exhaust" treatment on my way their and decided against it.
It IS a 4 banger, fake duals isn't going to change that fact. Unless they sold a split exhaust manifold to have True Duals.

Anyone who Knows cars, a Chevy enthusiast, knows these are 4 bangers, a Turbo, or even adding a Supercharger isn't changing that.

Gives the "appearance" of dual exhaust, but without Any added Performance boost.

After I install the Supercharger, i'd rather spend the money on a larger diameter single exhaust system for more Flow.
But then again I am stuck with the BS cook county il. EPA Testing here, so can't get away with exhaust mods that others across the country can do. I'd have to swap out the exhaust system before testing then do it again next time.

If the HHR had a V-6, I'd have Duals, because then they would actually serve a real performance purpose.

NOT dis'n anyone who's done it, it's a Look that some like.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
I was at the muffler shop first thing this morning at 8AM when they opened to have the Thrush Turbo muffler installed that I bought on Amazon.

I thought about the Pseudo "dual exhaust" treatment on my way their and decided against it.
It IS a 4 banger, fake duals isn't going to change that fact. Unless they sold a split exhaust manifold to have True Duals.

Anyone who Knows cars, a Chevy enthusiast, knows these are 4 bangers, a Turbo, or even adding a Supercharger isn't changing that.

Gives the "appearance" of dual exhaust, but without Any added Performance boost.

After I install the Supercharger, i'd rather spend the money on a larger diameter single exhaust system for more Flow.
But then again I am stuck with the BS cook county il. EPA Testing here, so can't get away with exhaust mods that others across the country can do. I'd have to swap out the exhaust system before testing then do it again next time.

If the HHR had a V-6, I'd have Duals, because then they would actually serve a real performance purpose.

NOT dis'n anyone who's done it, it's a Look that some like.
So true. Duel on a 4 banger is rice to me.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan
Just goes to show you you can't please all the people, all the time. I hardly think the duals look retarded. What does your ass look like, us11csalyer, post a pic of your non retarded look. We can put it up for a vote. Here's my retarded car.
I traded my hhr in for a Ford Edge SEL. It has a "high" output V6 and has duel exhaust. (Not true duel anyways.)
Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 AM

Hey man, if that's what you like, then go for it. I ran dual side exit exhaust for a while, and I thought it looked and sounded alright. I've since switched to a full 3" header-back single exit setup with a supercharger tho. I do plenty of mods that some people consider "retarded"
Old 03-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Premium Member

Post it anyway, I looked at those, thought the Sport model looked good, but for 50K, I can buy 3 HHR SS's. I'll keep my retarded station wagon. I applaud your decision to stimulate the economy by buying more fuel.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 AM

Post it anyway, I looked at those, thought the Sport model looked good, but for 50K, I can buy 3 HHR SS's. I'll keep my retarded station wagon. I applaud your decision to stimulate the economy by buying more fuel.
I never said the HHR was retarded. I loved our HHR but with a new addition to the family I wanted something more safe for my son. Plus more cargo space and ac/heat vents for the back seat for him. I'll post picks of our Edge when my wife gets home from work.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 AM

josh its your car do as you pleasei enjoy the look of my exhaust and the sound, with the header installed
Old 03-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by us11csalyer
I'm sorry but duel exhaust on a 4 banger is
retarded.

So only the HHR's with a 4 banger, and dual exhaust, right ?

Don't know how the above post (Capps) looks retarded. I think it looks great, would guess it has a low growl. To each his or her own. maybe it's just me remember I drive the short bus.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:16 AM

So only the HHR's with a 4 banger, and dual exhaust, right ?

Don't know how the above post (Capps) looks retarded. I think it looks great, would guess it has a low growl. To each his or her own. maybe it's just me remember I drive the short bus.
I'm the kind of person that doesn't see a reason for this unless we are talking about HP gains. 4 banger from factory with duel is sometimes okay. Duel on a >200hp or economical car is retarded to me. I'd rather do in dash NAV and sync my smart phone than go duel exhaust.

BTW Capp's pic is what I would refer to as fart cans and ricing it out.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:28 AM

excuse me fart cans? i dont think so there magna flow mufflers get it rite .

Quick Reply: Thinking of going duals...