Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Help with my first mod list!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 08:23 AM

Help with my first mod list!

here's a list of minor mods I want to get out of the way. As of now it is victory red w/ chrome, i want it to be red/red or red/black

-red door handles
-black side mirror covers
-plain black grille
-tailgate bowtie is a chrome strip I'd either like to take it off completely or just a red/black strip
-smoke light covers? I don't know much about them, Ive seen film to cover the current ones, is this the best idea?
-I read about a Gforce card that gives 4.8 mpg adds a little HP, is it worth it? it seems so but any info?
-lastly, inside the panel that houses the window switches, can that be replaced? upgraded so that the little storage has a lid?

Oh...also the best place to buy/search for these parts that anyone has found?

Also any advice or suggestions are welcome, thanks!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:40 AM

Hi.
The GForce thing is junk. Type GForce chip in Google and see what it says. Their was a youtube video of a guy lighting his on fire, and they don't honor their guarantee.

Boydie

Originally Posted by pwhall216
here's a list of minor mods I want to get out of the way. As of now it is victory red w/ chrome, i want it to be red/red or red/black

-red door handles
-black side mirror covers
-plain black grille
-tailgate bowtie is a chrome strip I'd either like to take it off completely or just a red/black strip
-smoke light covers? I don't know much about them, Ive seen film to cover the current ones, is this the best idea?
-I read about a Gforce card that gives 4.8 mpg adds a little HP, is it worth it? it seems so but any info?
-lastly, inside the panel that houses the window switches, can that be replaced? upgraded so that the little storage has a lid?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:27 AM

-red door handles---sand your down and paint-black side mirror covers---sand yours down and paint-plain black grille---sand yours down and paint
-tailgate bowtie is a chrome strip I'd either like to take it off completely or just a red/black strip---sand yours down and paint-smoke light covers? I don't know much about them, Ive seen film to cover the current ones, is this the best idea?---film will not last long, if you want to tint the ones you have, spray with nighshades or something similiar-I read about a Gforce card that gives 4.8 mpg adds a little HP, is it worth it? it seems so but any info?---JUNK-lastly, inside the panel that houses the window switches, can that be replaced? upgraded so that the little storage has a lid?---Never heard of one

For your chrome items, you can sand them down and paint. That will be your cheapest option.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:52 AM

B tough to match the red tho, ill do black, thanks
Old 04-05-2013, 10:47 AM

B tough to match the red tho, ill do black, thanks
If you go to your local auto parts /paint store they can mix your ed and put in a spray can, Most will have a color scanner camera they place on your car and it adjust the paint code to match your faded paint!
I have Imperial Blue and was going to go chrome handles but now like the look of the painted handles,,,,,,, Also Try E Bay for used Red handles and you may be able to sell your chrome ones and recover a few $$$ Just a thought! PIcs will be a must before and after :)
I had good luck finding some tings on this site , has salvage yards all over the US
http://www.car-part.com/

Black used and new mirrors on E Bay as well

Good luck
Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 AM

Autozone has Duplicolor for the red. Take in your paint code.

As far as the Window Switches go... lol

Check out my thread at https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mods-interior-54/2006-hhr-interior-modification-44198/

Make your own...

Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 AM

Oooh man that dash is sick...I wouldn't know how to start that tho lol. I do wish I had more storage in that area
Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by RICKYVB
Autozone has Duplicolor for the red. Take in your paint code.

As far as the Window Switches go... lol

Check out my thread at https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44198

Make your own...

That is a SWEET Dash!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:35 AM

What if I wanted to paint te grille black, can I get away w regular paint?
Old 04-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Premium Member

What if I wanted to paint te grille black, can I get away w regular paint?
I used regular flat black spray paint just scuffed grille with scotch bright first 15000 miles and no problem

Quick Reply: Help with my first mod list!