Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

HID retrofit needed NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by ufvj217
have you ever seen an HHR with HID's, in person? we're talking about HHRs, not other cars.
Why would the large halogen style reflector in the HHR be any different that any other car?

It's not.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:24 AM

I like how you dodged my question.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:46 AM

I like how you dodged my question.
I dodged nothing. You even stated yours do blind people. HID's are not designed to be used with a reflector, ask Volvo, they learned that lesson the hard way. Those they put them in have no reguards for others on the road. If the facts offend you, that's your ploblem. They are illegial for a good reason.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:00 AM

I said mine aren't too blinding, becuase they arent. the hhr headlights are pretty low and i havent been flashed not ONCE since installing my 55w 10,000k hid's....not a single flash. my friend had them in his 07 yukon (same temp hid's) and he was always getting flashed, becuase his headlights are alot higher. he now has projectors and its alot better. not saying i dont like projectors, but its obviously expensive for our cars so not many are going to go that route. if you've never seen hid's in person IN AN HHR, you cannot comment becuase of the volvo's or other car's that have blinded you, period.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:02 AM

I said mine aren't too blinding, becuase they arent. the hhr headlights are pretty low and i havent been flashed not ONCE since installing my 55w 10,000k hid's....not a single flash. my friend had them in his 07 yukon (same temp hid's) and he was always getting flashed, becuase his headlights are alot higher. he now has projectors and its alot better. not saying i dont like projectors, but its obviously expensive for our cars so not many are going to go that route. if you've never seen hid's in person IN AN HHR, you cannot comment becuase of the volvo's or other car's that have blinded you, period.

You stated yours do blind others, I'm not going to call you a liar. Cause I do believe you. You do realize that a kelvin rating for HID's above 6K actually diminish the light out put. Ideal is 4100-4500. Purple 10K are for looks only, something the ricer crowd brought to the streets. 55w over the standard 35w only increases the light scatter. I would bet the little white box that yours came in doesn't even mention they are DOT legal HID's. You may have never been flashed (although I find that hard to believe), but I bet some have wanted to. So your running non DOT, illegal HID's in incorrect houseing in a color that is illegal for street use.

I love it when people try to justify their illegial activities...
Old 11-05-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
You stated yours do blind others, I'm not going to call you a liar. Cause I do believe you. You do realize that a kelvin rating for HID's above 6K actually diminish the light out put. Ideal is 4100-4500. Purple 10K are for looks only, something the ricer crowd brought to the streets. 55w over the standard 35w only increases the light scatter. I would bet the little white box that yours came in doesn't even mention they are DOT legal HID's. You may have never been flashed (although I find that hard to believe), but I bet some have wanted to. So your running non DOT, illegal HID's in incorrect houseing in a color that is illegal for street use.

I love it when people try to justify their illegial activities...
i never said it was legal lol.....im stating that HID's in OUR stock housings arent nearly as blinding as you'd think........they arent like all the rice burners or lifted trucks you see. when you adjust them they don't blind oncoming drivers....

if someone wanted to flash me, they should have. if i constantly get flashed, i'd know im blinding people, but i really have never been flashed yet, whether you believe it or not is not my problem. you've clearly never seen hid's in an HHR before, so you're going by what you've "heard" and seen on "other cars", which is an invalid argument.

also, my 10,000k's are no where NEAR purple. I will get a picture to prove it if you'd like. 35w 10k's, yes. 55w is not even a DARK blue, its a nice shade of a blue/white mix. no purple tint/hue to it what-so-ever. i hate purple headlights.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 AM

Hopefully you at least aimed yours down.

And yes, I have seen several from here with HIDs installed. There is glare.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Banned

Guys, you really shouldn't banter like this on the forum. If you have a disagreement, it would probably be best settled via PM. No offense to anyone.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:43 AM

understood

im just tyring to help out the OP, because the glare is not nearly as bad as people think...
Old 11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Banned

Whatever the reason, this is suppose to be a place for POSITIVE interactions. Keep it that way please. I like coming here because people are so helpful and agreeable.

Quick Reply: HID retrofit needed NOW!