Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Moon Eyes Project HHR

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 07:12 PM

So far I have talked to two places to see what they can do. I'll probably try a couple more. I really want it to be like the original so that the ends of each strip actually stick out past the painted portion. I'm looking at stainless, chrome, and fiberglass options.

I am glad to see that everyone is so interested in it. I'll get to work on these guys and see what we can do. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:30 PM

Thanks songman for getting this image up for me:

Now if I can only find steel rims for my car I'm definitely going to try out a set of mooneyes!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:31 PM

Hubcap Mike sells a set of moons that fit the LS steel rims great, or at least he claims they do.

If i didn't have alloys, those are the ones I would have.
http://www.hubcapmike.com/bhc01-16.html
Old 07-13-2006, 11:14 PM

You may have overheating problems with that lower grille.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:22 AM

Yeah, I noticed that Bud said he did. I think his name is Bud, Harvey's owner. He used the stock grille turned upside and the holes are very small and turned in the wrong direction. I think two bars would not be so restrictive. I would also consider adding an auxiliary fan in front of the radiator if needed.

So far, the startup cost of making dies to stamp stainless steel are very prohibitive. I still have several more people I am waiting to hear from, and still more that I have not reached yet. But I am working on it.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by -md- HHR
Hubcap Mike sells a set of moons that fit the LS steel rims great, or at least he claims they do.

If i didn't have alloys, those are the ones I would have.
http://www.hubcapmike.com/bhc01-16.html
I spoke to Mike on the phone a couple of weeks ago. He also sells the Moon Eyes but, of course, he has to mark them up to make any money so I just ordered straight from the source. He also has experience with the HHR and was honest with me about what would fit and what wouldn't. If he says these fit, I believe him. For me personally, these are just not my style. Too round. But if someone is going for that style, these are a good deal and easy to install.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:04 PM

Well, you gotta hand it to the guys at Moon Eyes! I placed my order for my wheel discs at about 9AM yesterday and they got here about 2PM today! Obviously I am close to them but still, that is great service!

The one thing I don't like is the stainless screws that come with the discs. They are these big ole hex head screws that also have a slot for a straight screw driver. It would be a lot better cosmetically if it was little flat screw with slanted heads so they would blend in better. Maybe Moon Eyes knows something I don't and has already had experience with those. I don't know...
Old 07-14-2006, 06:14 PM

well get them installed! I want to see how they look like! lol
Old 07-15-2006, 02:15 AM

Help

Hi, everyone ...i'm looking for some eyelids for my hhr can you guys help???????
Old 07-15-2006, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by bbrim05
Hi, everyone ...i'm looking for some eyelids for my hhr can you guys help???????
How many threads are ya gonna post this in?

Quick Reply: Moon Eyes Project HHR