Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

New Front Grille for Shaggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by Snoopy

Question....any thoughts of doing the lower "dog scooper" grill in the same method? Outlined in chrome with a chrome screen. Looking at your second daytime post, brought up the idea.
its something that i have been trying out how to do and i am close,,, very close. with the fog light vents going to dual ram air intakes w that mesh it just makes sense to do the lower grille in front where it is more visible than in back

ive been brainstorming a while on that one since i put in that lower grille in back
Old 09-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Deceased

i love to watch, look and see things on here and that is why this is one of the best HHR forums, sharing of ideas. I love to look and check out pics and then act on what i want to do. when i decide to do something, i go for it and it will usually bug me till i do it..

to me the best and ultimate compliment anyone can pay me is to imitate what i have done on Shaggy.

no matter what we do to OUR hhrs, put it out here. dont worry about what people think, its your HHR and not theirs and what you like is all that matters.
what you like may be something that someone else likes and always wanted to do but never saw it.

what makes the HHR fun is that we are doing FIRSTS and lots of FIRSTS w this great vehicle. alot of guys that own muscle and show cars are buying HHRs and starting to fix them up.

if you have an idea,,, form a plan,, fund the plan,,, then go for it.

one more thing,,, try not to knock anyones HHR till you see it in person cause after seeing a bunch of them, i can tell you PICTURES do not do modded HHRs justice.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by cj krause
one more thing,,, try not to knock anyones HHR till you see it in person cause after seeing a bunch of them, i can tell you PICTURES do not do modded HHRs justice.
How true this is! The mods that most of us have done that are quite different. The pictures does not do them justice. Until you have seen them up close and in person then you really see the artistry.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:34 PM

WOW....I'm gone for a better part of the day and CJ starts making new grills. Nice work, looks good. Never a shortage of projects around here, add one more to the list.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:05 PM

WOW. Great mod CJ. It really stands out.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:52 PM

Old 09-13-2006, 08:02 AM

Nice

Can you do something like darkside did without mesh in the back?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by O6ChevyHHR
Nice

Can you do something like darkside did without mesh in the back?
I'm sure you could but the mesh adds protection. Who wants a rock or something getting tossed up and putting a hole in their radiator? The Darkside HHR is a show car not a daily driver.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:30 AM

Looks cool Cj
Old 09-13-2006, 09:51 AM

Funny thing is I took the same idea from SoCal Mike and the DarkSide (i think) HHR. Never got to get pics of it though. Those going on the Mt Lemmon trip will see it. My digital camera was dunked in the bathtub by an over active 2 year old (my daughter Jubilee). I cut the 2 bars out, put the mesh in and repainted it to the same color it was on the Williams trip. Looks good CJ, hope to get my pics up soon. When I replace my camera!

Quick Reply: New Front Grille for Shaggy