Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

rubber bands

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 08:02 PM

thanks

thanks socal it was such a stupid mistake i couldnt find the post you made with how much to cut off the fronts went good no prob but you know what happend next .....and i would rate the install at an easy 2 but only if you have the right tools like an impact wrench and all the right sockets i thought it was easier then lowerinfg a neon or a probe just make sure you cut the bump stops the right way
Old 04-02-2006, 08:17 PM

Just so you know (and for future peeps), we have the Bump Stop cutting instructions on our site. Go to the Gold-Line springs product page and click on the link - it will take you here:

That way everyone can find it.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:27 PM

good help

mike, all you guys here on the site are real helpfull explaining and showing pictures of work being done i appreciate it even though i know a little bit about working on cars

p.s do you still have your grill and is it chrome
Old 04-02-2006, 09:10 PM

Hey man lemme give you a heads up, when u get your new bump stops DONT cut them, my springs seemed to settle after a few days and with no passengers and a full tank of gas im rubbing like hell in the rear, i think not cutting the rear bump stops may prevent the spring from traveling too far, since its not hard to get the rear springs out, id try this first before cutting
Old 04-02-2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by freshone
mike, all you guys here on the site are real helpfull explaining and showing pictures of work being done i appreciate it even though i know a little bit about working on cars

p.s do you still have your grill and is it chrome
My stock grille was satin finish. We are keeping it to design another replacement grille. Sorry!
Old 04-02-2006, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by crowbar
Hey man lemme give you a heads up, when u get your new bump stops DONT cut them, my springs seemed to settle after a few days and with no passengers and a full tank of gas im rubbing like hell in the rear, i think not cutting the rear bump stops may prevent the spring from traveling too far, since its not hard to get the rear springs out, id try this first before cutting
Answer: install air shocks in the back. Pull off a shock and measure the extended and compressed lengths, along with the hole size for the bolts. Run down to NAPA and use their catalog to cross-reference an air shock kit that will fit. Rinnung 25-30psi should get you where you need to be with those BIG 20's you're running.

BONUS: Whenever you need to drive up on a lift, AIR UP!
This will get you enough clearance to get on withuot scraping.

Hope it helps,
Old 04-02-2006, 10:42 PM

huh

i was thinking of not cutting them because im rubbing alot im a big guy but i dont think this should be rubbing this bad and socal thats a pretty easy mod the air shock but that will stiffen up the ride alot in the back will it make a diff if i cut the new bump stops since i do have the 20s thanks
Old 04-02-2006, 10:53 PM

hey mike, wont the airshock raise the back up? i had spacers in the springs but i took them out because of the stinkbug look, i wanna keep the lowered stance but reduce the travel, id rather hear the bumpstops bangin than my nittos getting slashed up
Old 04-02-2006, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by crowbar
hey mike, wont the airshock raise the back up?
Not with 25-30psi in them. It is easy to experiment and see how much stiffens, and how much actually raises the rear. You will get to where you can fine-tune it to suit your ride quality needs.

*I haven't done this in the HHR yet - but soon! I have done it to several previous vehicles with improved ride quality.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Not with 25-30psi in them. It is easy to experiment and see how much stiffens, and how much actually raises the rear. You will get to where you can fine-tune it to suit your ride quality needs.

*I haven't done this in the HHR yet - but soon! I have done it to several previous vehicles with improved ride quality.

ok, let me ask you this..... would i be better off getting the helper bag system with the compressor and switch that mounts in the inside of the cabin so i can adjust pressure as needed? i know that set up would cost more but if i have to go this route wouldnt this be a little better than having to pump shocks from the outside of the car? need your pro input please sir

Quick Reply: rubber bands