Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Sandblasted rear fenders

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Goose
Black Rose, I'd be making some calls!
I don't have the sandblasting problem yet, that's why I bought the boards myself.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:57 PM

My dealer just called me.
They are installing new running boards free of charge. The GM rep was at the dealership today so the boards have been ordered. She suggested mud flaps also so I have them going on too. They are painting the rear fender skuff guards also.
Good news all the way around.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:10 PM

Thats what we like to hear
Old 04-03-2007, 08:34 PM

Well my 06 has the sandblasting issue also, it looks extremely bad when the vehicle is black. It will be going in to get fixed in a couple of weeks once the weather here breaks permanently. I am having the guards completely replaced and having the 3m film installed on them. I am also having them paint the lower rockers with stoneguard paint. This will add some texture to the bottom, but after a high gloss finish you shouldn't see and hopefully stop this from re-occuring. If I get up the energy maybe I will call GM and complain and see if they will put boards on for free. I already know my area rep will not do it for me.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by night31
Well my 06 has the sandblasting issue also, it looks extremely bad when the vehicle is black. It will be going in to get fixed in a couple of weeks once the weather here breaks permanently. I am having the guards completely replaced and having the 3m film installed on them. I am also having them paint the lower rockers with stoneguard paint. This will add some texture to the bottom, but after a high gloss finish you shouldn't see and hopefully stop this from re-occuring. If I get up the energy maybe I will call GM and complain and see if they will put boards on for free. I already know my area rep will not do it for me.
I think you may be SOL on getting the boards as it seems to be a Canada only thingy but hey..maybe you will be a pioneer for the rest of the US owners

Goose
Old 04-03-2007, 09:20 PM

I think you may be SOL on getting the boards as it seems to be a Canada only thingy but hey..maybe you will be a pioneer for the rest of the US owners
I've personally experienced this phenomenon (GM Canada warranty vs GM US warranty) before. I don't know the reasons behind it but can only assume that it is related to the number of vehicles GM sells here vs the US and the economic impact it would have.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Black Rose
I've personally experienced this phenomenon (GM Canada warranty vs GM US warranty) before. I don't know the reasons behind it but can only assume that it is related to the number of vehicles GM sells here vs the US and the economic impact it would have.

Naaawwww...Black Rose..

You have different abrasions/sandblasting in Canada
Old 04-03-2007, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Naaawwww...Black Rose..

You have different abrasions/sandblasting in Canada
Oh of course, I shoud've known that
Old 04-04-2007, 05:59 AM

Goose
Well one thing that I have learned working at a dealership, is that if you complain enough and get escalated with gm customer assistance, then normally you get what you want. I have seen people get things like intake gaskets, and transmissions covered at close to 5 years old and 100k miles. So I will remain optimistic.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by night31
Well one thing that I have learned working at a dealership, is that if you complain enough and get escalated with gm customer assistance, then normally you get what you want. I have seen people get things like intake gaskets, and transmissions covered at close to 5 years old and 100k miles. So I will remain optimistic.
Yup. It may not be pretty but it gets the job done

Quick Reply: Sandblasted rear fenders