Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Splash Guards

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:19 PM

Splash Guards

I know there are threads out there for this, but search wasn't working and I need an answer about it pretty quickly. I read earlier today (after I had already ordered a set for $60) that CJ had trouble with the OEM Splash Guards wrecking the paint. Has anyone else experienced the same problems or was his just a fluke? I really need to know so I can try to cancel this order if I need to. THanks in advance, you guys are always very helpful.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Deceased

if you make sure that the bottom screw is in and in place w a clip and then make sure the splash guard doesnt move you will be ok

most of the dealers dont put on the bottom screw
Old 08-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Banned

I have the molded HHR splash guards and I don't have one single scratch in the paint from them. I haven't seen anyone other than CJ with that problem yet.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Founding Member

I have those scratches also.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I have the molded HHR splash guards and I don't have one single scratch in the paint from them.
have you moved the splash guards and looked under where they wrap around.

you dont see them till you move them.

i will bet that if everyone on the forum w the splash guards moved all 4 of the splash guards so you could see under the wrap around part, you would find scratches mild to worn through the paint to the primer on probably more than 75 to 90%.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:27 PM

Mine have rubbed through the paint. I was going to get some flaps like you CJ, but I'd have to get it painted before that can happen. I'm just getting some rubber ones to put over top of the factory ones, so that they will hang down lower and protect my side pipes more.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cj krause
have you moved the splash guards and looked under where they wrap around.

you dont see them till you move them.

i will bet that if everyone on the forum w the splash guards moved all 4 of the splash guards so you could see under the wrap around part, you would find scratches mild to worn through the paint to the primer on probably more than 75 to 90%.
Not one scratch, just like I said. I pulled mine off when I put the vinyl flames on my HHR. I had to wrap the vinyl up in the wheel well under the splash guard. After seeing yours I decided to pull the backs just to make sure there where no scratches and I didn't find any. Maybe yours came from improper installation after the paint job?

Last edited by captain howdy; 08-09-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:10 AM
Deceased

Originally Posted by BlackHHR
Mine have rubbed through the paint. I was going to get some flaps like you CJ, but I'd have to get it painted before that can happen.
Originally Posted by captain howdy
I haven't seen anyone other than CJ with that problem yet.
hey Black, i put mine on anyway, its low and you really have to look to see them. the wheel well mold covers most of them up. if they ever make 3/4 or 1 in stainless wheel well mold i will get that and it will cover it completely.

guess you were wrong CH. i guarantee there are others too, Sindy and now Black. most just havent looked.

and here u are again w 2 posts making out like i am wrong. if you count you, sindy, black and i. that is 3 out of 4 scratched,,,, 75%. so you are lucky. i put the post along time ago to help people make sure they didnt get scratched and to stop it before it happened and if they add them to make sure they secure the bottom so they dont get scratched. the % may be lower but i have looked at HHRs of people around that i have met up with and most had the scratches.

the splash guards for the HHR are expensive and dont work all that great.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:58 AM
Banned

CJ I wasn't trying to make you look wrong. If you reread the posts thats what you did to me and accused me of saying I didn't have any scratches without even looking first. I just said that I have no scratches and had not heard of anyone else having that problem but you. Calm down a little.
Now I guess there are three of you so you're not the only one I have heard of with paint scatches under the splash guards any more. BTW the last part of your statement is an opinion. IMO they work great and are worth the cost because they are the best looking ones out there.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:35 AM

I hav'nt had any on mine either. I am not trying to take sides in this, but no problem with my OEM splash guard so far.

Quick Reply: Splash Guards