Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Spray Painted my grill How do I protect it

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:17 PM

I am the proud owner of a few versions of Collier Grilles (UMA's) One was sandblasted horribly on the way to Vegas and could not be repaired and I dont think any amount of clear would have prevented it. If your paint came out nice, it would be worth it to clear it. Another way to look at it is just paint it over when it gets bad. That way you can switch up the look. I will end up with a white 3 bar/black mesh and a stock chrome unit for the time being. I also want to get a billet upper. I like to switch it up.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Panel08
everyone said it was super hard (20 plus hrs)to do the 3 bar but I cut everything up in about an hour
I made a three bar grille but i knicked it up doing it
Maybe this is why your's went so quick.

BTW, how did you deal with the side areas between the bars? This is where most have spent the extra time to give it a finished look.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:37 PM

I knicked it up a little with the Dremel. Some people I have seen just clean up the sides and leave it rounded but there is still a lil left of the sides sticking out .I don't like that look. DLVRNIT used epoxy and resin to make his look even cleaner but I guess he has fabrication experience. I don't so I just rounded everything out from top to bottom
Name:  100.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  81.6 KB
Have another thread up in appearances with more pictures.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member

Is it by the same people that make killer chrome?
http://www.kustomrides.com/supplies/...oat-spray.html
Click to see full details
Yeah, that's the people. But that link that you provided is someone else who shows their product. Here's the direct link to the manufacturer. Watch the bottom left corner of your screen to assure the website is COMPLETELY loaded. It has about 600 files to load.....which is worth browsing.

http://www.alsacorp.com/

I attended a couple of their shows in CA. One of our members displays his vehicle there. His name escapes me but his HHR is Hawaiian/island themed.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:14 PM

I'd painted my grill black and cleared it,but north iowa winters seem to kick up more rock chips than the dry months.
so i too am considering a 3-bar mod, and like you have no experience w/resin.
but after seeing and hearing how you simply rounded the sides where you cut out the bars i'm feeling confident in the final product of my own 3-bar!
wtg!