Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Tinting Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:56 AM

i have seen bathrooms with that technology, it's all clear glass everywhere, and then when you get inside the stall and shut the door the entire area turns frosted and you can't see through it anymore.

It was one one of those "most outrageous bathrooms" shows on the travel channel. A few of them had it.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff®
You could use liquid crystals and tint the fronts electronicaly, then if you get pulled over just flip the switch and say
Linkage:
http://www.glassonweb.com/articles/article/192
http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/...ws_future.html
Worked in a office in the loop, The president of the company had a glass office, with the flick of a light switch, it went from clear to white, very cool.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:12 AM

I talked to a cop this weekend in Jacksonville, Fl. He said as long as the lights are visible I shouldn't have a problem. The stores that I have been to haven't carried VHT night shade. One store chain told me it's a liability issue but I doubt that is the real reason. When did safety become more important than sales to a stock held company? So more than likely they thought it wouldn't sell.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:20 AM

the stuff is really hard to find. there was only one store that carried it around here. if you have any kind of performance shop near by try them thats where i found mine
Old 03-15-2009, 01:37 PM

Find a bodyman, have him mix up some clear then add a little black paint, scuff the lenses and shoot...........presto blacked out tailights! Also note, all sidemarkers and reflectors done too.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by BigMOCats
That Looks Really Sweet ! Here in California though that would be a reason for the Police to pull us over and going from there! I think our law states that "NO" alterations from the factory lights! We've had several Club Members say that the Blacked Out dealio would look sweet on our Panel, but we are just not that comfortable rolling with that Sweet Lookin Mod ! Heck we alredy Roll with at least Half of our Mods being a No-No in our State, what's one more Mod !
Old 03-15-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by DLVRNIT
That Looks Really Sweet ! Here in California though that would be a reason for the Police to pull us over and going from there! I think our law states that "NO" alterations from the factory lights! We've had several Club Members say that the Blacked Out dealio would look sweet on our Panel, but we are just not that comfortable rolling with that Sweet Lookin Mod ! Heck we alredy Roll with at least Half of our Mods being a No-No in our State, what's one more Mod !

Yeah, I think it is illegal in a lot of states, but even here in CA I see so many cars with tinted out tails, markers, windows, no front plates, loud exhaust, loud systems, etc... that I think it would just be something they tacked on if you got pulled over for something else like speeding or running a light or something. I had a black 02 S-10 Xtreme that was black and had the only 2 side windows completely blacked out and never got pulled over. Had no front plate on most of my cars and never got pulled over either, but I never got pulled over for any other reason either, so I don't think it's an issue until you ask for it.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:03 PM

Has anyone posted a quick "how to" for tinting the tails? I'm also thinking about blue tinting the head lights. Has anyone tried this yet?
Old 03-16-2009, 05:36 PM

I have heard that once you tint the headlights that the "black" turns a purple-ish color. I got that same answer from 3 different shops before i did my tail lights my self.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:40 PM

i am doing this as soon as it warms up had it done on my colorado and it was tits

Originally Posted by wagoneer
Has anyone posted a quick "how to" for tinting the tails? I'm also thinking about blue tinting the head lights. Has anyone tried this yet?
I did it on my colorado and drove about 100 miles a day. it was fine

LSSPORTo4's Album 355nation.net

Quick Reply: Tinting Tail Lights