Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Wanting a "retro" look on my LT, can I delete the rear windows and get panel doors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 01:28 PM

Wanting a "retro" look on my LT, can I delete the rear windows and get panel doors?

Hey guys,
I've got an 07 LT. I want to go with an old school look, and I've seen some mods for the non-panel LT that are pretty sweet.
I was just curious how difficult it is to change the regular doors to panel doors, it shouldn't be too hard (except for finding the doors).
And what about the rear windows? Can I delete them easily or is it a full body change?
If possible I'd like to install porthole windows down the road.
Any ideas/input?
Old 05-05-2014, 02:40 PM

No problem swapping doors. Rear windows should have a metal panel welded over them and finished with body filler, painted, etc. OR you can put a full decal on the glass part, but the window frame still remains.

A friend had all new panel half-panels put on his and had it refinished inside and out but it cost him $7000+.

Here is my '08 panel.

Mods: Added rear seat, Added HHR script to doors, Chevrolet script on hood,Large Chevrolet script on rear hatch, Chevy Script on dash, Running boards, Full moons, Hood scoop, Upper and lower custom billet grilles, Sunroof, Exterior Sun visor, Exterior window visors, Converted backup lights to tail lights, Installed backup lights in bumper, Painted rear bowtie red, Removed rear windshield wiper for installation of rear view camera.

Boydie

[QUOTE=DirtyBobMagoo;746607]Hey guys,
I've got an 07 LT. I want to go with an old school look, and I've seen some mods for the non-panel LT that are pretty sweet.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Technical Moderator

Give the SEARCH box a try, I seem to remember several members with the exact question.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:18 AM

Man Boydie, like the looks of your panel. The wheels really look slick.
I figured the doors would be easy, I don't know if I could afford a big investment like that right now. I wonder how much I could find the parts for and do the work myself. (Just thinking aloud)

Sorry Donbrew, I was having trouble finding similar threads.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:24 PM

Normal HHR rear doors go fo around $350 each in a wrecking yard. Panel rear doors are pretty rare and thethey are priced accordingly. Filling in the rear side windows is a bigger job than you might think. Large flat sections require a lot of skill. Then you will need the inside "plug" that covers the area where the windows were. These are $100 each at your local Chevy dealer. All in all I would guess it will cost $2000 to do this correctly.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

Just trade for a panel.
Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2014, 05:16 PM
LEN

hi were did you buy the exterior sunvisor? thanks in advance.len
Old 07-06-2014, 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=Boydie;746609]Chevy Script on dash, Running boards, Full moons, Hood scoop, Upper and lower custom billet grilles, Sunroof, Exterior Sun visor, Exterior window visors, Converted backup lights to tail lights, Installed backup lights in bumper, Painted rear bowtie red, Removed rear windshield wiper for installation of rear view camera.

Boydie

Boydie - What type of sunroof? OEM, or aftermarket?
Thanks, Rich
Old 08-01-2020, 11:44 AM

I have got a SS window im probably going to buy panel doors to replace the the window doors and try to fill the rear windows by getting them welded shut getting plugs (if i can get them for the interior). One of the many questions i have here is can i make the rear doors operate remotely ? if so how ? Is it possible to replace the lower dash to add the rear door button option or can you just use the existing remote to control the added rear panel doors remotely? thanks
Old 08-01-2020, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Anything is possible, just a matter or time and work, and programming the BCM or installing aftermarket door poppers.

Quick Reply: Wanting a "retro" look on my LT, can I delete the rear windows and get panel doors?