Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

8 12"s with the seats up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 07:59 PM

This thread is funny!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by hhrumadbruh
I wish I had the pictures, but I was at a 09 san jose convention center auto show and I had pics of this scion or nissan cube which was green and it was an actual DJ car. had a mixer on a clear plastic mount that swivels out of the car and had 4 screens and a bunch of subs.

BTW I LOVE HOW EMAIL NOTIFICATION STOPPED WORKING

I don't see that promotion. Also, this was funny as hell to me:

Code:
I have spent the last nine months doing extensive research to figure out the one subwoofer that would give me the best quality boom for my buck. Hands down, this subwoofer
Which is quite funny, considering a SSA XCON 1750w rms 15" is about $450 and almost TWICE the rated wattage and will handle easily 2k-2.5k.

I looked up the 12w7 - $550 for 1000w rms? Excuse me if this seems rude, but only an idiot would pay that and I assume they don't know about other brands like Fi, sundown, DD, DC, IA, AB, AQ.

I have taken all of the cheap crunch subs back and have purchased one VVME sub, 700w rms, $55 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-CAR-AUDIO...e83dbc&vxp=mtr

Lot of good reviews on them so I am going to see how one sounds in my 1.75 f^3 32hz box and compare it to my $250 JL 12w3v3-4 (which was $250 new, 3 years ago yet people still think they are worth that much. $250 for a 500w rms sub? This is the only reason I do not like JL anymore.

If you want a true SQ or SQL sub, go with image dynamics, dayton audio, morel, focal, etc.

The un-deniable fact is simple: all these underground brands are competition grade. Built to last.

JL, kicker, alpine, pioneer, JVC, kenwood, etc - are NOT. They are consumer brands, who's companies make LOTS of other products. Sundown makes amps, subs, and 6.5" components. Not head units, not TV's, not surround sound, not computers, not video game systems.

Sure they might be enough, but if you want some real slap, avoid these brands.

As far as reviews on them, well, I've heard a $400 fully loaded (all options) Fi Q 10" sub in a 1.0 ported box and it was much louder than my JL 12w3 in the 1.75 ported box. and I was only giving it 800w rms (these take almost 2k with ease) He was selling it for $150 but it was not as loud as my 15" in the 4.0 ported box was, so I did not buy it.

I encourage you to try and listen to one in person. Even if it's a budget line (such as sundown E series)

Check out these audioque 12's for $120 each shipped. 600w rms (will handle more, if clean power)

http://www.soundqubed.com/Street-Dut...ofer_p_11.html

2 of those, total of 1200w rms (under rated) final ohm load of 1. 220 shipped to your door. Now, who still thinks that 12w7 at 1000w rms for $500+ is still a good deal?

Final thought: JL is over priced and it's over priced because it makes un-informed people think it's top quality.
Email notification has never worked for me.

That promotion is in the comment of the second review titled "It's a w7!"
Bottom left of review, "1 comment" is highlighted in blue text.

lol Ya, people say some stupid sh*t in amazon reviews.

Ya I'm sorry, I say I'm going for spl for the JLs in past comments but I'm really going for pure sq overall with great power. JL would destroy any of those brands in sq. It's amazing how many have raved about SSA Xcon on forums yet almost always end the comment with "but I don't own one." If I could find someone with a Xcon to get a realtime experience I'd ponder, but again, I have experience with JL and know what quality audio they produce. Both subs are around the same price(450) and the extra rms really doesn't sell me.

I understand there is better, but I'm not going to buy a sub on someone else's experience with it.

I'll do my best to find these brands and give a listen. I'm not doing my audio until April or so, and the JL subs I have I could sell for what I paid for them in 24 hours.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by silverstreet

If I could find someone with a Xcon to get a realtime experience I'd ponder, but again, I have experience with JL and know what quality audio they produce. Both subs are around the same price(450) and the extra rms really doesn't sell me.

I understand there is better, but I'm not going to buy a sub on someone else's experience with it.

I'll do my best to find these brands and give a listen.

Finally, someone gets it. :) Go with what YOU like the sound of an have good luck with. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE...BELIEVE YOUR EARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:26 PM

I like how someone on this hread said Alpine is a consumer brand because they make other things than audio equipment? im interested as to what else they make other than "audio".
Old 12-27-2012, 11:31 AM

" Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment"
Old 12-27-2012, 11:32 AM

and "Alpine has been a market leader in satellite-linked navigation systems since developing the Electro-Gyrocator, the world's first navigation system that was co-developed with Honda. "